website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Dutch commentator just got a text from Dutch cyclist Roy Pieters, who said that Denmark won't get the win (at least not by catch) because they didn't pass them. Let's see how it goes.

I guess the proper thing to do would be for Britain to refuse to re-run, which would be a walkover for Denmark.

BBC were saying that GB have no chance of medals now and Denmark are through - "after all, it's called the pursuit". We'll see what happens though

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Passing this on.

Nothing official so far, but as just said by the commentator on Channel 7 here in Australia, that after the crash, the Danish team stopped and left the track whilst one of the GB riders continued and finished the race and thus he believes that GB will be given the win from what he has been told.

This might be correct - in the World Champs in Los Angeles 2001 a rider took the bronze in the kierin by running across the line with his bike.   But then in the TP you have to have three riders cross?  Or perhaps last man standing in the event of a total wipe-out?

I heard that GB actually finished .

The 3rd GB rider was smart enough to get on his bike and finish

The Danes walked off without thinking 

Painful for Denmark but why isn't this a GB victory especially when it is quite normal to pass the other team's riders 

after all the lead Danish rider is 100% at fault 

It's not like the Australian equipment failure-this was totally a rider error 

( and I much prefer Denmark to GB in everything )