website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Vektor said:

:POL is looking strong, maybe they can even fight for the gold. 

That would be the first ever olympic gold for :POL in canoeing. Too good to be true but the last days in Tokyo are so crazy for us, so who knows. Anyway, I hope for a medal but it will be very hard to get a gold. 

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Oh fuck, Adolf is in the stronger SF, he has to eliminate a medal contender to qualify. 

Out of curiousity, is Adolf a common surname in Hungary? I'd love him to win even if it's just so I can write a cheap-scoring headline about "Adolf takes Olympic gold" :p 

Just like ones in previous years about "Erdogan takes world title in weightlifting" and "Trump defeated by Iran" (which was snooker) :p 

Adolf is a surname I've never seen before though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity, is Adolf a common surname in Hungary? I'd love him to win even if it's just so I can write a cheap-scoring headline about "Adolf takes Olympic gold" :p 

Just like ones in previous years about "Erdogan takes world title in weightlifting" and "Trump defeated by Iran" (which was snooker) :p 

Adolf is a surname I've never seen before though.

I think it's not that common here. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Damn, so close for Adolf, maybe next time.

And Brendel isn't in FA, another shocker for :GER, but I think they will still win a medal in C1. 

Our German friend surely already check names of all canoers who competed in this semi to find out if someone had doping history...

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Stronger SF from both :POL and :NZL than us. I honestly think that :POL can and maybe will win this. 

Like mentioned earlier, Poland has won a grand total of 0 Olympic gold medals in sprint canoeing. It's ill-advised to pick us for any gold.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Like mentioned earlier, Poland has won a grand total of 0 Olympic gold medals in sprint canoeing. It's ill-advised to pick us for any gold.

It might be about time to get Olympic gold in canoeing. But we will know everything in two hours.