website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

vor 30 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Yay! Sven Kramer's 1st competition and we've moved out of the speed skating oval to watch Kramer arrive outside. Ugh.

Can't believe i missed the highlight of the games ... :(

Did his coach show him the right way this time or did he get lost again (i am asking in the interest of Beckert's medal chances)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, thepharoah said:

You have gone far beyond expectations in this sport :d so who do u predict for medalmen this race ?

Anyone but Kramer for gold would be a big surprise, and behind him I'm going for Bloemen (although he doesn't seem that strong anymore now that they're not on high altitude) and Pedersen. Then again, the battle for bronze or even silver is rather wide open, with Bloemen, Blokhuijsen, Beckert, Tumolero, Pedersen, Geisreiter and even Michael all having a chance (one bigger than the other of course) to get on the podium behind Kramer.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, today it's exactly 50 years since the first Dutch gold medal in speed skating :d 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_skating_at_the_1968_Winter_Olympics_–_Women's_1000_metres

Just a random fact during the break. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Can't believe i missed the highlight of the games ... :(

Did his coach show him the right way this time or did he get lost again (i am asking in the interest of Beckert's medal chances)?

Not to worry, if you can watch the Dutch stream you can still undoubtedly see Kramer sitting on an indoor bike! That's sensational too, can't miss that! 

And there's a 10k yet to come, he'll enter the stadium another time, 100% sure that'll be shown as well, one highlight after the other! 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Not to worry, if you can watch the Dutch stream you can still undoubtedly see Kramer sitting on an indoor bike! That's sensational too, can't miss that! 

And there's a 10k yet to come, he'll enter the stadium another time, 100% sure that'll be shown as well, one highlight after the other! 

Sorry, i don't have dutch TV, you should upload it to Youtube, for the world to see this historic moment in sports history.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On CBC online stream, the break has even better content... the same commercials over and over!

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sorry, i don't have dutch TV, you should upload it to Youtube, for the world to see this historic moment in sports history.

I think there will be problems with the rights, considering half the world of course paid millions of dollars for 30 seconds of commercials around these images.