website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, this is the kind of analysis I'm not interested in, which is why I'd like to hear what an actual expert says. Someone who's not involved with Nigeria or Great Britain at all and who's also not all "big country so it's just because of the flags!", because that stands in the way from seeing the exact rules and exceptions and differences and all those things.

Do you really think the nation's status never plays part? How do you explain the 4x400 m mixed relay fiasco then?

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, this is the kind of analysis I'm not interested in, which is why I'd like to hear what an actual expert says. Someone who's not involved with Nigeria or Great Britain at all and who's also not all "big country so it's just because of the flags!", because that stands in the way from seeing the exact rules and exceptions and differences and all those things.

You are very naive. :TOG Gabla with a slower reaction time than Prescod and he's also DQ. What more do you need to know about national flag privilege?

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Do you really think the nation's status never plays part? How do you explain the 4x400 m mixed relay fiasco then?

I do think it unfortunately plays a part, but I'd really like an actual expert's opinion first, because there are plenty of examples where the rules are not exactly A or B when looking in the actual rulebook.

I'm not saying what happened is fair, I'm just saying that there are people who know these things a whole lot better than us, and I'd like to hear what they say about it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm not surprised. She wouldn't stand a chance in 200m based on her poor 100m run. Perhaps the hamstring injury was more serious though this is far cry from Liu Xiang's Beijing shocking pull out

It shows GB Athletics are scared of the funding collapse that is coming.

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

It shows GB Athletics are scared of the funding collapse that is coming.

Well, I have to say DAS & KJT are the only two :GBR athletes than can be sold as stars. You have the relays too but it's the depth strenght rather than having a clear run away stand out (like even Ohurougu was). Tiffany Porter just isn't quite there on the global scale IMO.