website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

Just now, gvaisakh said:

Oh.. I didn't know that

Team bosses all voted for that this morning, the F1 Commission is likely to ratify the change in the next days. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm still not over how incredibly frustrating this race was, I can't wait for the next one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I can also still hardly believe how good we are suddenly (since 1-2 years) going in motorsports :yikes:

We have Max Verstappen who is widely tipped as a very, very big talent and someone who has a huge chance to start winning races in the next few years.

Then there's Michael van der Mark winning the World Supersport title in 2014, reaching some podiums in WSBK last year and already 3 podium finishes in 4 races this year.

And now we have Bo Bendsneyder who destroyed the field in the Red Bull Rookies Cup last year and is looking very promising in Moto3 so far this weekend.

Good years are coming, finally :d 

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

My waiting times are minor , there is first the motorbike 3 :p 

I know, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to Moto3 :woot:

Moto3 is almost always the best race of the weekend (Moto2 is often pretty boring and MotoGP is only sometimes interesting) so I always like it the most. However, this year it's even better because we finally have a real talent! I wish the clock would go faster :d 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I can also still hardly believe how good we are suddenly (since 1-2 years) going in motorsports :yikes:

We have Max Verstappen who is widely tipped as a very, very big talent and someone who has a huge chance to start winning races in the next few years.

Then there's Michael van der Mark winning the World Supersport title in 2014, reaching some podiums in WSBK last year and already 3 podium finishes in 4 races this year.

And now we have Bo Bendsneyder who destroyed the field in the Red Bull Rookies Cup last year and is looking very promising in Moto3 so far this weekend.

Good years are coming, finally :d 

Don't forget motocross :p Jeffrey Herlings should have been a 4 time champion in MX2 if it wasn't for the injuries. 

18 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Don't forget motocross :p Jeffrey Herlings should have been a 4 time champion in MX2 if it wasn't for the injuries. 

Oh yeah, there's him too, but somehow I can't get very interested in motocross :p 

Verstappen was asked "at least you got a point, is that something positive?"

His answer: "I don't give a crap about that point." :d 

Also: "The team told Carlos to let me pass, but that didn't happen...I know enough."

• 2 weeks later...

As for more motorsports, this morning I saw a fantastic Race 1 at the V8 Supercars in Symmons Plains, Tasmania. Especially the fighting between Shane van Gisbergen, Jamie Whincup and Will Davison was wonderful! Tomorrow morning (07.30 CET I believe) we'll have race 2 :)