website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Just now, Monzanator said:

Looks like Skottheim pulled a calf muscle?

I heard a "oh that's cramp, I know exactly how she feels judging by how she is holding her leg" next to me when we saw that, hopefully that is indeed what it was. Personally I fear it could be worse than cramp, but let's just hope it's not, never good to see athletes get injured.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I thought that with the season underway, it would be cool to look at some country stats right before the Christmas break and we'll be looking specifically at the medal table comparing 9 individual races + 2 relays of 2019-2020 and 2020-21 seasons.

First of all, in 2019/2020, 10 countries have already medaled, whereas this season there have been only 6 countries on the podium.

Norway is as dominant as ever, in 19/20 they already had 24 medals (14 gold) and this year they started with 29 medals (13 gold) out of only 22 races.

France is slightly underperforming going from 18 medals (4 gold) in 19/20 to only 10 medals this season (1 gold)

Biggest overperformer this season is Sweden with a brilliant amount of 15 medals, whilst they only had 3 in 22 races last year.

Surprisingly, it wasn't Germany that took the hit, this season they already have 8 medals whilst last season they only started out with 5.

One of the biggest fall can be felt for Russia that still has 0 medals when they had 5 last season by now.

Belarus with two medals is the only nation that didn't have medals last year at this point of the season while Italy suffered a small disadvantage going from 4 to 2 medals this season.

Finally, Switzerland (3), Czech Republic (2), Finland (1) and Ukraine (1) have not yet been on the podium this season.

You can make your guesses which nation is going to become the 7th nation in the medal table. My money's on Austria.

I'm going for Russia.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, Werloc said:

I thought that with the season underway, it would be cool to look at some country stats right before the Christmas break and we'll be looking specifically at the medal table comparing 9 individual races + 2 relays of 2019-2020 and 2020-21 seasons.

First of all, in 2019/2020, 10 countries have already medaled, whereas this season there have been only 6 countries on the podium.

Norway is as dominant as ever, in 19/20 they already had 24 medals (14 gold) and this year they started with 29 medals (13 gold) out of only 22 races.

France is slightly underperforming going from 18 medals (4 gold) in 19/20 to only 10 medals this season (1 gold)

Biggest overperformer this season is Sweden with a brilliant amount of 15 medals, whilst they only had 3 in 22 races last year.

Surprisingly, it wasn't Germany that took the hit, this season they already have 8 medals whilst last season they only started out with 5.

One of the biggest fall can be felt for Russia that still has 0 medals when they had 5 last season by now.

Belarus with two medals is the only nation that didn't have medals last year at this point of the season while Italy suffered a small disadvantage going from 4 to 2 medals this season.

Finally, Switzerland (3), Czech Republic (2), Finland (1) and Ukraine (1) have not yet been on the podium this season.

You can make your guesses which nation is going to become the 7th nation in the medal table. My money's on Austria.

Loginov (and Russia) will be on the podium, sooner or later ;)