:POR Portugal 8
:ARG Argentina 7
:ITA Italy 6
:CAN Canada 5
:SRB Serbia 4
:IND India 3
:NZL New Zealand 2
:ISR Israel 1

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

About @kungshamra71's remark about Portuguese and Russian being alike to untrained ears sometimes: I'm watching track cycling at the moment, and one of the coaches was yelling quite a lot. One of the Dutch commentators thought it was a Russian coach, but the other commentator got a message from someone a bit later saying it actually was the Portuguese coach. "It does sound a bit similar sometimes, Russian and Portuguese", he said :yikes: 

yeah i get this a lot. only with portuguese from Portugal though.

But i have a couple of russian speaking friends and they, just like me, find both languages completely not alike, so i guess this only applies for others haha

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Of course @heywoodu is watching track cycling while hosting TISC. I don't know why I expected differently :d

Until 55 minutes ago I was watching both track cycling (on my desktop) and Formula 1 (on my TV).... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

About @kungshamra71's remark about Portuguese and Russian being alike to untrained ears sometimes: I'm watching track cycling at the moment, and one of the coaches was yelling quite a lot. One of the Dutch commentators thought it was a Russian coach, but the other commentator got a message from someone a bit later saying it actually was the Portuguese coach. "It does sound a bit similar sometimes, Russian and Portuguese", he said :yikes: 

I refuse to believe this based on the fact that Portuguese is probably my favourite language, whilst I can't listen to Russian without feeling bad (can't explain why, perhaps it's the occupation, but it's even hard to listen to Russian music)

1 minute ago, kungshamra71 said:

yeah i get this a lot. only with portuguese from Portugal though.

Yep, they mentioned this too, 'because Brazilian Portuguese has more of a 'singing' intonation', which is of course true and is one of the reasons I prefer Brazilian Portuguese :p 

Apart from European Portuguese just sounding....'off' to me, just like European Spanish :d 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

brazil-flag-animation.gif

BRAZIL

Bom dia a todos, esperamos que todos estejam bem. Aqui estão os votos do júri brasileiro!

Good morning everyone, we hope you're all doing well. Here are the votes of the Brazilian jury!

:MLT

Malta 10
:FRA France 9
:POR Portugal 8
:ARG Argentina 7
:ITA Italy 6
:CAN Canada 5
:SRB Serbia 4
:IND India 3
:NZL New Zealand 2
:ISR Israel 1

Brasil, país irmão, muito obrigado!!! :d :wPOR::BRA