website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News Road to LA 2028

35 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/jul/30/usada-wada-china-swimming-row
The IOC will have to accept USA court cases against WADA or lose 2028. They not going to be able to stop them. 

as excited as i am for LA28 since i live here, i am glad someone is pulling them by their balls, the world is being quiet about China for too long, They want to boycott it ? go ahead. I doubt IOC will risk losing LA, especially in a time when seemingly no one wants to host olympics anymore

17 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

as excited as i am for LA28 since i live here, i am glad someone is pulling them by their balls, the world is being quiet about China for too long, They want to boycott it ? go ahead. I doubt IOC will risk losing LA, especially in a time when seemingly no one wants to host olympics anymore

The IOC have made the USA sign a contract saying the investigation will be dropped. 

3 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

The IOC have made the USA sign a contract saying the investigation will be dropped. 

Let's see who wins this game of chicken, i'm gonna bet on IOC backing out if congress will continue investigating

The International Olympic Committee has asked for talks between the World Anti-Doping Agency and the United States, including the country’s anti-doping agency USADA, to resolve a dispute over jurisdiction in doping matters, it said on Wednesday.

A bipartisan group of US lawmakers on Tuesday threatened to cut USA funding for Wada, accusing it of failing to properly investigate alleged doping by Chinese Olympic swimmers. The USA, the largest single country funder of Wada, has accused the global anti-doping body of not disclosing that 23 Chinese swimmers tested positive for performance-enhancing trimetazidine (TMZ) in China months before the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.

“We have asked for a dialogue between WADA and all the stakeholders,” IOC spokesperson Mark Adams told a press conference. “From our understanding the question is about respect of international agreements and those international agreements have been signed by everyone around the world, including the United States.”

The swimmers were cleared by a Chinese investigation, which said they were inadvertently exposed to the drug through contamination at a hotel but the Department of Justice has since launched an investigation. WADA said it had no evidence to challenge China’s findings. The incident, however, cast a shadow over the Paris Olympics and sparked a major row between the global and American anti-doping agencies, drawing in the IOC which said Wada was the only global body responsible for anti-doping.

Wada responded to USA allegations by saying it would take the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (Usada) to the Independent Compliance Review Committee, a move that could jeopardise plans for the U.S. to host the 2028 summer and 2034 winter Olympics in Los Angeles and Salt Lake City respectively.

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

The IOC are risking 2028 over the boxing issue. Increasing the risk a Trump Goverment would cancel the games and organise they own event without the IOC being involved. 

Trump is all about image, the 2028 Olympics will be held unless the IOC is dumb enough to attack him.