website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

5 minutos atrás, intoronto disse:

Sri Lanka's 200m sprinter with best time in the competition so far but won't win a medal :facepalm:

The top 3 had better times than she had. Nice for her, though.

And another medal for Brazil. 2 medals in 1 hour. I can't complain. 

4th place in canoeing. still good but a medal would be much better :d

draws are also available in Karate which is our last chance for medal. we have two groups of 4. top 2 advance to the semifinal and there is no bronze medal match. both SF losers will receive bronze.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

The top 3 had better times than she had. Nice for her, though.

And another medal for Brazil. 2 medals in 1 hour. I can't complain. 

I wrote the comment before the last heat, I didn't realize there was one more heat to go ;)

Just now, MHSN said:

4th place in canoeing. still good but a medal would be much better :d

She was 2nd in the qualifiers and produced fantastic times throughout the whole competition. Hard luck in the semifinals against the quite experienced French girl. Delassus already won some medals at the canoe slalom juniors major championships

Just now, hckosice said:

She was 2nd in the qualifiers and produced fantastic times throughout the whole competition. Hard luck in the semifinals against the quite experienced French girl. Delassus already won some medals at the canoe slalom juniors major championships

So much for this format having nothing in common with normal canoeing slalom. :p

#banbestmen

3 minutos atrás, MHSN disse:

draws are also available in Karate which is our last chance for medal. we have two groups of 4. top 2 advance to the semifinal and there is no bronze medal match. both SF losers will receive bronze.

Karate not only had the most ridiculous rules for Qualification (at least one continent should be represented per gender, not per weight), they also have a ridiculous rule for allowing two bronze medals. 8 athletes compete, 4 get a medal. This is stupid. This is the sport I mostly dislike at the Olympics, and even in their first-ever appearance they cannot get things right.

Just now, dcro said:

So much for this format having nothing in common with normal canoeing slalom. :p

Flat water, start from a huge ramp. few... let´s call them "obstacles" and you ride by two in head to head format. Sorry, this is not canoeing slalom :dunno:

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Karate not only had the most ridiculous rules for Qualification (at least one continent should be represented per gender, not per weight), they also have a ridiculous rule for allowing two bronze medals. 8 athletes compete, 4 get a medal. This is stupid. This is the sport I mostly dislike at the Olympics, and even in their first-ever appearance they cannot get things right.

I think in Karate (unlike wrestling for example) all qualified athletes are pretty good. there are only 2-3 weak athletes in general. they wanted the best here not all continents represented probably they had their own reason. they have few chances to show Karate to the world and IOC and they didn't want one-sided matches here.

I believe they will use the same format in Tokyo but except we will have a bronze medal match there. even though I'm not sure. that's just my guess based on the format they have for the World Games

Just now, hckosice said:

Flat water, start from a huge ramp. few... let´s call them "obstacles" and you ride by two in head to head format. Sorry, this is not canoeing slalom :dunno:

For 2022 in Dakar, athletes will need to swim to their boats first before starting the course.