website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

41 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I heard that Sun Yang won't participate at Chines Nationals , does anyone know if this correct or not ? and if so will be able to defend his title in Rio or not ? 

He didn't participate. From what I heard he can still (and likely will) be added to the team.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

He didn't participate. From what I heard he can still (and likely will) be added to the team.

The commentators for the Canadian trials on CBC seemed to think he wasn't eligible, but nothing I could find on the internet upholds that. 

1 hour ago, james89 said:

The commentators for the Canadian trials on CBC seemed to think he wasn't eligible, but nothing I could find on the internet upholds that. 

Basically the Chinese trials were more of a suggestion, China won't let a swimmer who had a bad day not go to the Olympics, especially if they are a medal threat.

9 hours ago, uk12points said:

No Brits reached the Olympic Nomination Time today, but these athletes are likely to be selected anyway (British swimming normally has very high standards, and then accepts everyone anyway!)

Women's 100m Backstroke - Georgia Davies (only 0.5 seconds off), Lizzie Simmonds (1 second off)

Men's 200m Butterfly - winner was 3.5 seconds off the time needed, unlikely that anyone will be selected

Women's 200m Breastroke - Chloe Tutton smashed the British record by 1.5 seconds and Molly Renshaw also broke the British record and finished second

Men's 100m Backstroke - Chris Walker-Hebborn was 0.7 seconds outside the qualfication time, Tancock finished second

Although he missed both the automatic qualifying time and the 2% consideration standard, Chris Walker-Hebborn can be selected to the British Olympic team only if he will be saved by the discretion of the NPD and the head coach, because the team is highly capable of sending their best backstroker to the Games, most especially that he is needed in the medley relay (GB won a place as a top 12 nation at the World Champs in Kazan).

For the 200 m butterfly, I'm sure there will no swimmers from GB as none of them had reached both the qualifying time and consideration standard, and could be saved by the staff.

7 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:AUS Australia Swimming Trials - Day 8

Women's 50m Freestyle - Cate Campbell, Bronte Campbell

Men's 1500m Freestyle - Mack Horton, Jack McLoughlin

That's it, the final team should be announced soon.

23.84 for Cate, holy shit :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14:39.54 for Horton by the way, 9th time ever.

I think we can safely say these Aussie champs have been one of the best swimming meets ever (in terms of crazy times) :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!