website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Will the results be used to make the Olympic team?

Most of the events, 1 or 2 swimmer are qualified

There is no choice

women's 200 butterfly and the medley events the results be used

but the federal capitan (I do not know how to translate better :)) says the final word.

Edited by tjunior

1 hour ago, dareza said:

:GBR British Swimming Trials - Day 1

Men's 400m Freestyle - James Guy, Stephen Milne

Women's 200m Freestyle- Jazmin Carlin, Eleanor Faulkner

Men's 100m Breaststroke- Adam Peaty, Ross Murdoch

Women's 400m IM- Hannah Miley, Aimee Willmott

If I understand well,only winner will be in Rio?

The winner will only qualify if they reach the nomination standard, so the Olympic qualifiers are:

Men's 400m Freestyle - James Guy

Men's 100m Breaststroke- Adam Peaty

Women's 400m IM- Hannah Miley

We have a wildcard system where more athletes can be added, I expect Aimee Willmott and Ross Murdoch will be added to the Olympic team later

McEvoy was just 2/100 of a second slower than Florent Manaudou at the Frnch Nationals (21.44 vs 21.42) and takes the second fastest time of the year...

meanwhile Cate Campbell swam 23.93 in the semis of the women's 50m free, new Commonwealth Record, fastest time of the year and only 20/100 of a second outside the supposed untouchable record set by Britta Steffen in Rome in 2009 (with the rubber/rubbish suits)...

20 hours ago, uk12points said:

The winner will only qualify if they reach the nomination standard, so the Olympic qualifiers are:

Men's 400m Freestyle - James Guy

Men's 100m Breaststroke- Adam Peaty

Women's 400m IM- Hannah Miley

We have a wildcard system where more athletes can be added, I expect Aimee Willmott and Ross Murdoch will be added to the Olympic team later

Alright. Do you know how to compute the 2% standard from the Olympic consideration times set by the British Swimming?

Source 

Edited by MantaRaymarc

4 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Alright. Do you know how to compute the 2% standard from the Olympic consideration times set by the British Swimming? 

I don't quite understand the question!?!

Hopefully this can help you: https://www.britishswimming.org/browse-sport/swimming/selection-policies/2016-selection-policies/

Edited by uk12points

4 minutes ago, uk12points said:

I don't quite understand the question!?!

Hopefully this can help you: https://www.britishswimming.org/browse-sport/swimming/selection-policies/2016-selection-policies/

Never mine. I already got the solution to the answers of the consideration times in each pool event.

No Brits reached the Olympic Nomination Time today, but these athletes are likely to be selected anyway (British swimming normally has very high standards, and then accepts everyone anyway!)

Women's 100m Backstroke - Georgia Davies (only 0.5 seconds off), Lizzie Simmonds (1 second off)

Men's 200m Butterfly - winner was 3.5 seconds off the time needed, unlikely that anyone will be selected

Women's 200m Breastroke - Chloe Tutton smashed the British record by 1.5 seconds and Molly Renshaw also broke the British record and finished second

Men's 100m Backstroke - Chris Walker-Hebborn was 0.7 seconds outside the qualfication time, Tancock finished second