efb8e211-65d0-47c7-9099-5a544544318a.png

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

• 2 weeks later...

According to FIS, DNI means did not improve… why can’t they just give them scores instead? :mumble:

Am I missing something? Don’t think I’ve ever seen this before. 

Edited by Josh

Halfpipe WC Cadrona, New Zealand :NZL

Women

Gold- :CHN Eileen Gu (96.00)

Silver- :CHN Kexin Zhang (89.25)

Bronze- :CAN Rachael Karker (87.00)

Men

Gold- :CAN Brendan MacKay (90.00)

Silver- :USA Alex Ferreira (89.50)

Bronze- :CAN Andrew Longino (87.75)

Full Results

5 hours ago, Josh said:

According to FIS, DNI means did not improve… why can’t they just give them scores instead? :mumble:

Am I missing something? Don’t think I’ve ever seen this before. 

Yeah I don't remember seeing that neither, odd. It's not like the run is invalidated and so not scored (like for example a discus thrower who feels that a throw is not good enough and just steps on the line to avoid letting the officials measure the throw for no reason). The run is scored, so, you know....show the score.

What's even more odd, according to this:

https://www.interschools.com.au/news/2024-slopestyle-rules-and-competition-guide

Following are the specific rules regarding scoring:

If the score of the second run does not exceed that of the first run, no score will be assigned for the second run. The competitor will receive a "DNI" (Did not Improve) score for the second run.

If the score of the second run surpasses that of the first run, the second run will be scored. The first run will then receive a "DNI" (Did not Improve) score.

That's even weirder :d I mean, technically a 'Did not improve' for the second run is annoying, but correct. A 'did not improve' for the first run however, just isn't correct, since the first run is done, you know, first :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I don't remember seeing that neither, odd. It's not like the run is invalidated and so not scored (like for example a discus thrower who feels that a throw is not good enough and just steps on the line to avoid letting the officials measure the throw for no reason). The run is scored, so, you know....show the score.

What's even more odd, according to this:

https://www.interschools.com.au/news/2024-slopestyle-rules-and-competition-guide

That's even weirder :d I mean, technically a 'Did not improve' for the second run is annoying, but correct. A 'did not improve' for the first run however, just isn't correct, since the first run is done, you know, first :d 

maybe the would like to hide scores so that there was no excess discussion of judges' work... 

anyway, FIS actually didn't delete improved first runs and showed all the progress made by athletes

Edited by vovanA

Bring back the 1991 borders

From what I understand it's only to lose less time. It was more logical during the slopestyle qualification as the condition were very bad than for the halfpipe even if wind and visibility were tricky too for the final

2 hours ago, Olympionikes said:

From what I understand it's only to lose less time. It was more logical during the slopestyle qualification as the condition were very bad than for the halfpipe even if wind and visibility were tricky too for the final

But how? Because to know whether run two was better, the scores need to be made anyway. It takes like 5 seconds extra to publish them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!