website statistics

Olympic sports program review

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think the IOC/LA28 stepped into a minefield by letting lacrosse in. There is going to be a lot of negative press once it is announced they won't be allowed to compete. Also setting the precedent of non-NOCs competing would open up such a can of worms in the future.

Especially given both the US and Canadian governments are backing the move to allow the Haudenosaunee to compete. The IOC has set themselves up in a position where it could be a PR nightmare no matter what they do.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Especially given both the US and Canadian governments are backing the move to allow the Haudenosaunee to compete. The IOC has set themselves up in a position where it could be a PR nightmare no matter what they do.

Perhaps they can be Independent Neutral Athletes...

More seriously, if they have no NOC how can they argue to be part of the Games? It's a basic entry requirement. Disapplying it would open up another can of worms in every separatist region on earth. I'd much rather they were there, but it would realistically have to be as USA 2 or CAN 2. Otherwise I fear the tournament will go on without them.