website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 15

26 minutes ago, RussB said:

For those eagle eying GB’s final medal position in the table:

France just lost the handball final

Australia lost the water polo final

Japan look set to lose the table tennis final

That's all well and good but we do still have to win one ourselves which I'm still unsure we can do. On a positive note if we don't win any more golds then we at least won't drop down to 10th as Italy have missed a big chance in the Rythmic Gymnastics which means they'd have to now win Men's High Jump, one of the pentathlons, one of the remaining cycling events and the Women's Volleyball final to get to 15 - Germany, Netherlands and just about South Korea still have tons of realistic opportunities to overtake us which I think a couple might take. 

Just now, Cinnamon Bun said:

That's all well and good but we do still have to win one ourselves which I'm still unsure we can do. On a positive note if we don't win any more golds then we at least won't drop down to 10th as Italy have missed a big chance in the Rythmic Gymnastics which means they'd have to now win Men's High Jump, one of the pentathlons, one of the remaining cycling events and the Women's Volleyball final to get to 15 - Germany, Netherlands and just about South Korea still have tons of realistic opportunities to overtake us which I think a couple might take. 

Strange to have Caden as an underdog given his root to the final.

both women look great in the MP

emma looks very strong in the sprint.

as much as I’m all for doom and gloom let’s try and keep it realistic. 

Just now, cjsavory said:

Yes, at this point I think it's more likely we win two more Golds than zero. 

McGowan still in with a shot at Bronze too! 

It’s also ignoring the 2 4x4 relays tonight. I don’t think either race is a foregone conclusion 

I thought a combo that had MHS/Dobson in it would be a potential gold medal shout but they looked well off the pace in the heats but hopefully there is something left in the tank from them both. 

2 minutes ago, KingKunta said:

I thought a combo that had MHS/Dobson in it would be a potential gold medal shout but they looked well off the pace in the heats but hopefully there is something left in the tank from them both. 

They lost only to a Botswana team which are absolutely a threat to medal. It wouldn't at all be a shock if the top 3 from that SF (Botswana, GB and the US) ended up the 3 medalists.

15 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Tamberi apparently out of the high jump final.

Just now, Epic Failure said:

They lost only to a Botswana team which are absolutely a threat to medal. It wouldn't at all be a shock if the top 3 from that SF (Botswana, GB and the US) ended up the 3 medalists.

Exactly - We will make a change and need Sam to run a 45 flat or 44 high this time on lead off. I think Charlie and Matt will have more to give too