website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 13 (August 8)

Sorry and sad about cycling.  Golf is looking bad.  But wow to Canada's beach volleyball team surviving match point and coming back to guarantee a silver medal.  So we have breaking; Kate Vincent solo and pairs; beach volleyball, women's shotput, men's 800m and I believe artistic swimming.   So I guess Canada could still meet or beat Tokyo.  They have 21 medals guaranteed (beach volleyball) so that leaves 7 reasonable shots for medals and outside ones on the track.  Are there any other events that Canada has reasonable medal threats - maybe  weightlifting or judo or something like that?  Go Canada!

Did anyone watch the medal ceremony for team figure skating.  It was nice for the gold and silver medallists finally to receive their medals.  USA and Japan  looked so happy though it was bittersweet - 2.5 years later and it was a wonderful ceremony despite not allowed to use the podium.  Such a  long wait though. We missed Shomo from Japan though especially. And we really missed Canada. I am not going to get into attacking Russia.  I actually think the Valieva is also a victim here used by the Russian skating system but Canada should have been there to receive the bronze medal  Usually if you have a teammate disqualified for doping violation the whole team is disqualified.  Alternatively if you remove Valieva as a "competitor" due to doping the other teams would move up and that would give Canada Bronze.  I admit Canada was pretty weak in skating at Beijing and still is but they still deserved the bronze. EVen Roman Sadovsky who skated miserably and had to replace Keegan Messing who was battling covid and flying to the olympics  he kept Canada in the game and the earned bronze fairly.