website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

52 minutes ago, Jon said:

Forum posts can be deceiving, not really that clued up! Not really sure but I’d guess a Bronze. Germany really dominant here. 

For comparison, in Tokyo 2020 Hester scored around 75, albeit on a different horse. Silver wouldn’t have been unattainble but as you say with a weaker team much less likely. 

I think the fight could be on for all the medals. It is hard to gauge how our reserve goes against Germany number 2

Both Guy and Macmillan put themselves forward for a final swim. Dean didn't, although it is hard to work out how much he was pushing himself, so wouldn't necessarily say too much about it.

Richards and Scott both locks, assuming fitness (honestly my biggest worry).

Kieran Bird, bless him, is on track to be one of the luckier medalists I can think of. :p But he did the job he was asked to.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Both Guy and Macmillan put themselves forward for a final swim. Dean didn't, although it is hard to work out how much he was pushing himself, so wouldn't necessarily say too much about it.

Richards and Scott both locks, assuming fitness (honestly my biggest worry).

Kieran Bird, bless him, is on track to be one of the luckier medalists I can think of. :p But he did the job he was asked to.

I wonder when the IOC will finally allow heat only relay swimmers on the podium. 

Edited by Orangehair43

It would be a big call to give it to McMillan over Dean, it hadn't even occurred to me there'd be a decision to make with how established the four are. 

12 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Back's this up with a 3rd in race 4 (an 8 point lead) 

The only thing with this format is that unlike the rest of the fleet races, for windsurfing how you do in the opening series doesn't count for much. We saw at last year's world champs that Wilson won the opening series of races by 11 points but everything is reset for the final and she ended up with bronze medal because she had a poor medal race.

2 minutes ago, JamDH said:

It would be a big call to give it to McMillan over Dean, it hadn't even occurred to me there'd be a decision to make with how established the four are. 

Oh, I agree. Unless one of the big 4 is ill, I would be surprised to see a change from the Tokyo lineup.

But McMillan did all that he could be asked to - it was the 8th fastest split over the 64 swimmers in the two heats.

But you would imagine that Dean was given the freedom in advance to back off to save it for later. Better to do that now and hopefully save a bit more for the final if needed.

8 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The only thing with this format is that unlike the rest of the fleet races, for windsurfing how you do in the opening series doesn't count for much. We saw at last year's world champs that Wilson won the opening series of races by 11 points but everything is reset for the final and she ended up with bronze medal because she had a poor medal race.

yes, but she would qualify directly for the final at this pace, she also has incredible pace on this day

the male windsurfer just placed 7th and has moved up to 8th he's having a good day so far