website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 3 (July 29)

2 hours ago, orangeman said:

I know it's different governing bodies, but it's crazy to me that it took over 2 years to officially DQ the Russian figure skater who actually tested positive at the time (and they still didn't dq her team, like they do with every other team), yet it took like 5 hours to hand down this decision. Not to mention the Chinese dopers. Different rules for big/small countries. 

I know you like to hammer on this endlessly, and probably don't care, but...

The Valieva case was drastically different. The international fed and WADA had to appeal to CAS and go through all that to get her DQ'd because the test was a domestic event... all the while Russia dragged their feet and obsfucated and RUSADA giving her a pass

If the test had happened at the Olympics, it would have been a different story

Edited by JockCartier

4 minutes ago, JockCartier said:

I know you like to hammer on this endlessly, and probably don't care, but...

The Valieva case was drastically different. The international fed and WADA had to appeal to CAS and go through all that to get her DQ'd because the test was a domestic event... all the while Russia dragged their feet and obsfucated and RUSADA giving her a pass

If the test had happened at the Olympics, it would have been a different story

Endlessly? I've said it twice in like 4 days. I know it's not the same, but it looks odd. Perception is everything. It doesn't take 2 years to confirm a doping test. I'm not even mad at Canada's punishment, I'm just pointing out the corruption and overall double standards.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Yay!

...but this is also a pretty anticlimactic way to win our first gold xD

Sadly, didn't seem like it could end either way. The way the Korean was throwing false attacks, the only way it was going to end was with her DQ'd for that or DeGuchi for passivity

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Endlessly? I've said it twice in like 4 days. I know it's not the same, but it looks odd. Perception is everything. It doesn't take 2 years to confirm a doping test. I'm not even mad at Canada's punishment, I'm just pointing out the corruption and overall double standards.

Well, if this involved a medal after the competition and one side was determined to drag it out and act in bad faith at every turn, I'm sure we could drag it out after the fact with CAS for a year plus too