website statistics

Your Own Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Daily Schedule Road to Paris 2024

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Australia is from midnight to 15-16:00 for us, there a room for sleep until midnight, western USA/Canada is the most difficult start the evening and end late morning

But the process is the same, no? Close the curtains so it's somewhat dark inside and sleep when LA sleeps. The only situations in which I think it's truly difficult is if there's children involved (can hardly force them to turn around their rhythm :p) or if getting free from work isn't possible...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Australia is from midnight to 15-16:00 for us, there a room for sleep until midnight, western USA/Canada is the most difficult start the evening and end late morning

For me personally I will find LA a bit more manageable. For example, let’s say action starts around 08:00 and finish at 22:00. For me that would be 16:00-06:00. So I’d just sleep in really late until 14:30 or so and stay up a few hours late. I’m often awake until 02:00 am or even 03:00am at weekends anyway so an extra couple of hours seems ok especially if I sleep in until afternoon. But no matter what the time zone I’d try to make it work by booking vacation during Olympics and gradually changing my sleep pattern. 

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oddly, it was super chill to have Pyeongchang, Tokyo and Beijing especially all be in like the middle of the night for a significant part of the day

I agree. I have gotten used to the Olympics occurring in the middle of the night and it was great to not have any other distractions with everyone sleeping around me. It will be a change from the past few years being awake for most of the day!

On 7/18/2024 at 1:47 AM, IUBryan said:

Update any new documents or info in my Olympics database. I use a FileMaker database to track all the events and download/store all the official report PDFs. I use the Olympic Data Feed’s Common Code system to automatically label every file I import.

Late to the party, but welcome to the forum :bye:

Always nice to meet another PDF results document archiver. I also use the common codes to label documents :d

Do you only save results for the Olympic Games, or other multi-sports games too (PanAms, Commonwealth, etc.)?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Late to the party, but welcome to the forum :bye:

Always nice to meet another PDF results document archiver. I also use the common codes to label documents :d

Do you only save results for the Olympic Games, or other multi-sports games too (PanAms, Commonwealth, etc.)?

I only save the results from the Olympics. I had been using the PDF Official Reports for years, but started archiving them about halfway through Pyeongchang in 2018. Starting in Tokyo 2020 I learned how to use a database program called FileMaker to keep all the files more organized and easier to access. Here is a picture of the current version I've got going for Paris.

How long have you been collecting the PDF results? Do you use any special system/tool to keep everything organized?

I wish there was an easier way to get them instead of having to click through each discipline to check for updates/new files.

Screen Shot 2024-07-20 at 21.07.02.png

5 minutes ago, IUBryan said:

I only save the results from the Olympics. I had been using the PDF Official Reports for years, but started archiving them about halfway through Pyeongchang in 2018. Starting in Tokyo 2020 I learned how to use a database program called FileMaker to keep all the files more organized and easier to access. Here is a picture of the current version I've got going for Paris.

Your setup is definitely more advanced than mine. It looks awesome! :yikes:

7 minutes ago, IUBryan said:

How long have you been collecting the PDF results? Do you use any special system/tool to keep everything organized?

I began saving PDF results documents during the 2018 Mediterranean Games, so a few months after you. My collection spans all sorts of multi-sports games from circa 2008 (though I have limited PDF results from earlier years too) to 2024. I originally downloaded each file individually, so I definitely didn't suffer from a lack of dedication! However, I've gotten better with cataloging stuff, using simple batch download programs and navigating various results systems.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What to watch, what to watch…..

First morning.

Badminton to start, then the :GER v :JPN Men’s volleyball & the First Medal in the Shooting.

Rowing & swimming are fine, but best watched on catchup with the FF button for the dull bits.

We are officially…….GO!

:CHN V :USA match on Court 1 the only one with Commentary.

Edited by Grassmarket

My Schedule

Expected to be reshuffled everytime though :p

Day 1 Saturday July, 27th

TV 08:30 Badminton - Mixed Doubles ( :KOR - :ALG Court 3)

TV 10:30 Shooting - Mixed Air Rifle Finals

PC 10:30 Shooting - M Air Pistol Qualifiers (Live Score)

TV 11:30 Diving - Synchron. 3m Springboard W Final - Last dives

TV 12:00 Skateboarding - M Street Prelims

PC 14:45 Road Cycling - W ITT Final

TV 15:00 Canoe Slalom - M C1 & W K1 Heats 1 & 2

PC 2nd stream cca16:00 Tennis - W Singles ( :SVK - :GBR )

PC main Stream 17:00 Skateboarding - M Street Final

PC 2nd stream after Tennis. Road Cycling - M ITT Final (final Riders)

TV 19:00 Rugby 7s - M Bronze & Final

TV 20:30 Swimming - Finals

TV 21:50 Fencing - Delayed Finals

TV 23:00 Judo - Delayed Finals

PC 23:00 Beach Volley - M last match of the day ( :ITA - :QAT )

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

My Schedule

Expected to be reshuffled everytime though :p

Day 1 Saturday July, 27th

TV 08:30 Badminton - Mixed Doubles ( :KOR - :ALG Court 3)

TV 10:30 Shooting - Mixed Air Rifle Finals

PC 10:30 Shooting - M Air Pistol Qualifiers (Live Score)

TV 11:30 Diving - Synchron. 3m Springboard W Final - Last dives

TV 12:00 Skateboarding - M Street Prelims

PC 14:45 Road Cycling - W ITT Final

TV 15:00 Canoe Slalom - M C1 & W K1 Heats 1 & 2

PC 2nd stream cca16:00 Tennis - W Singles ( :SVK - :GBR )

PC main Stream 17:00 Skateboarding - M Street Final

PC 2nd stream after Tennis. Road Cycling - M ITT Final (final Riders)

TV 19:00 Rugby 7s - M Bronze & Final

TV 20:30 Swimming - Finals

TV 21:50 Fencing - Delayed Finals

TV 23:00 Judo - Delayed Finals

PC 23:00 Beach Volley - M last match of the day ( :ITA - :QAT )

Your chosen badminton match Is going to finish, so your plan need to be changed very early :-)