website statistics

Paris 2024 ideas thread

Mkbw50

1 hour ago, Olympicsnell said:

if its like last time then BBC is almost obsolete in terms of games viewing now. As i understand it, they are only allowed to show any two sports at one time. one on bbc1 and second on bbc3/red button. 

discovery+ you will be able to watch EVERY session of EVERY sport whenever it is on, like you used to do with bbc for 2012 and 2016 games. 

The cube/presenters on discovery+ are usually much better than BBC, i will probably only watch BBC for Athletics and Swimming, everything else ESPECIALLY cycling (carlton kirby :hearts:) i will have on eurosport/discovery, it is honestly worth the sub, and then just cancel it

I actually like BBC's coverage a lot more, it is more soulful. Eurosport is good for more streams but in my view nothing else.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

3 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

I actually like BBC's coverage a lot more, it is more soulful. Eurosport is good for more streams but in my view nothing else.

I get what you mean about it being soulful, it sucks that they lost the ability to watch everything through them

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I'd been thinking about the same thing - how best to share GB performances for those of us not lucky enough to be able to go in person. 

My initial thought was to create a thread for each day with the first post highlighting the Team GB athletes who will be competing and potential medals. Most of that can be completed in advance of the opening day so will give the group a focus for discussion whilst we wait for the action to get underway. 

Agree, this has always worked best on other boards I have been on.  One new thread for each day, with the opening post, or at least one of the first page ones, being the day's timetable (OK, not so vital as it was for the games set in Asia) and the Brits in Action roundup.  

Edited by Grassmarket

41 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Wonder what's gonna happen in 2028 when Eurosport turns into TNT, will everyone then have to pay TNT prices to gain access to every sport? 

As I understand it Eurosport and TNT are being kept separate.

2 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

As I understand it Eurosport and TNT are being kept separate.

Unless something's changed since last year when I'm ready up on it, from 2026 (after the Winter Olympics) Eurosport is changing into TNT. Whether that means it becomes apart of the TNT package or just changes it's name I'm not sure.  

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Unless something's changed since last year when I'm ready up on it, from 2026 (after the Winter Olympics) Eurosport is changing into TNT. Whether that means it becomes apart of the TNT package or just changes it's name I'm not sure.  

Right now my TNT package also includes Discovery+ as a whole

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

Cost cutting at the Beeb has reached new levels...doesn't even cover travel expenses...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cv2g4led1rwo

:d

I am almost willing to bet that everyday BBC coverage will have at least 1 insert talking about sustainability and environmental impact of the games, which would be fine if they didn't prioritise it over showing some live action.