website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Ceremonies

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

Gay parade pffff

you must not know France well, unlike some countries! In France we are different (Arab, black, Asian, disabled, homosexual, heterosexual, transsexual. but we are all free, equal and fraternal citizens among us... And this ceremony showed tonight our multicultural love

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My personal favorite segments from the ceremony were the Le Mis/French Revolution tribute (the entire sgement), the love/literature segment, and the march to the Trocadero.

Celine Dion also did a magnificent job of ending the ceremony on a high note. 

Les miserables followed by Marie Antoinette and Gojira and opera, that to me is the highlight of this ceremony, never I got so much wowed in so little time.

In general it was quite an incredible ceremony.

But now 6 hours of bus travel awaits me (sponsored by whoever were those terrorists that broke the French railways ) so see you tomorrow, hopefully from Paris  

Edited by kungshamra71

7 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

you must not know France well, unlike some countries! In France we are different (Arab, black, Asian, disabled, homosexual, heterosexual, transsexual. but we are all free, equal and fraternal citizens among us... And this ceremony showed tonight our multicultural love

With all due respect, it didnt show that. 

It was confusing, messed up. Bunch of drags dont show equality, it showed (like someone said) transgression only.

26 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

With all due respect, it didnt show that. 

It was confusing, messed up. Bunch of drags dont show equality, it showed (like someone said) transgression only.

Drag is definitely an important part of Western European cultural history (I don't mean that in a woke faux-progressive way either)

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

4/10 that opening ceremony for me. Out of all the ceremonies I've watched (12,16,20,24) this was by far the worst. Having it outside didn't help and meant that there quality went down quite a bit. The main thing I noticed, which ruined a lot of the segments, was that the artists singing were lipsyncing the song (and doing so very badly) and made for poor viewing. The vast majority of the artistic pieces were of poor quality and probably wouldn't have been better if they'd have been in the stadium. I mean whoever thought the threesome and catwalk segments where a good idea needs a serious talking to and bollocking. 

There were some segments I liked. I found the heavy metal, horse and minions segments enjoyable and the the athletes parade was better than I expected. What I found mad was the contrasting reactions to the ceremony on French TV compared to BBC. The lass presenting on French TV was crying so much they had to cut to a break and then see continued to cry on air for another half an hour, whereas on BBC Michael Johnson and Rebecca Addlington where slagging it off afterwards. The main good thing to come out of this though is that we now know having an opening ceremony outside is a very bad idea and will very likely never be done again. I feel extremely for the people who paid thousands to watch this shambles and get absolutely soaked. 

The whole thing made me excited for the closing ceremony. The concepts and themes in the smaller scale with less ambition will be wonderful. 

Biggest disappointment is that the rain broke the BMX segment, I wanted to see that stunt.

Also made me excited for LA 2028, lots of talent to pull from, the closing ceremony handoff section will probably be a highlight of these games.

NBC did not show Nicky Doll’s part of the runway performance, very disappointing. That scene was the reason my partner stayed watching when they saw it online but it never showed up on TV.

Edited by Book