website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

George_D

Posted (edited)

i mean,i told you all that i wasn't confident and i was right.but i'm gonna enjoy watching the podcast people sqiurm now '' friendly losses don't matter,they''ll make the olympics anyway,doesn't matter,that they won't do anything there,just making it is an achievement for Lithuania in BASKETBALL somehow''.Let me see them try to justify themselves,this coach,the players,everything.Defund this sport now or remove everyone in charge and start over,that's it,enough humiliation,this has offically in a decade reached football status.what's the diffrence anyway  ?,both groups just make excuses,and then the coaches have the gall to explode on the media when their asses aren't kissed.ENOUGH is ENOUGH.Prioritizen athletics,swimming,modern pentathlon,anything else but this and football.

Edited by Biathlonfan

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rad said:

Incredible feeling, after missing the Olympics since Athens 2004.  PR is going to Paris 2024 :PUR

Commiserations to all the Lithuanian fans.  They are too talented to not be back soon.

Thank you for the commiserations,but no they will not be back soon,not with this hot mess of a team,we might need a decade to come back and by that point,will anyone here even care anymore,they will be 3x3 fans instead.I know that a massive amount of people just stopped caring,i might sound like i'm fuming,i assure you there are a milion who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more pissed off then i'm right now. once again,congratulations and best of luck at the olympics,your team did us a massive favor because had they made the olympics and then went out in the quaterfinal,there would actually be people arguing passionatly about ''continiuity'' and keeping this absolute farce going,with no olympics for the second time in a row,it's gonna be really hard to make that arguement.

Edited by Biathlonfan

Posted (edited)

I think that Lithuania had its golden generation in 2003/2004 - they had a great chance to win gold in Athens considering the weakness of the USA but they faced one of the best matches in history played by the Italian team. It`s true that I`m don`t interested in European basketball as he was 20 years ago but it seems to me that Lithuania hasn`t been able to raise a generation similar to that in 2004. I don't know why but I suspect that it is simply a small country and even with the best training system, they will not be able to compete in the long term with Spain, France, etc., which have dozen times more population. Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia have a similar problem. As for this particular tournament, Lithuania already failed when it didn`t apply to host this tournament. Then, today Lithuania would probably be happy about qualifying for the Olympics: Italy was embarrassingly weak and Puerto Rico took full advantage of the advantage of its own arena.

Edited by copravolley

Just a reminder that Puerto Rico actually has more people than Lithuania.

If anything it's remarkable that the latter remained such long time within the top nations of a sport that isn't exactly small.

Just now, LDOG said:

Just a reminder that Puerto Rico actually has more people than Lithuania.

If anything it's remarkable that the latter remained such long time within the top nations of a sport that isn't exactly small.

Yes, but basketball in Lithuania is the national sport and in Puerto Rico apparently the most popular sport is baseball - someone wrote on an Italian forum yesterday. I don't know if it's true because I'm not very familiar with the realities of this country.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I think that Lithuania had its golden generation in 2003/2004 - they had a great chance to win gold in Athens considering the weakness of the USA but they faced one of the best matches in history played by the Italian team. It`s true that I`m don`t interested in European basketball as he was 20 years ago but it seems to me that Lithuania hasn`t been able to raise a generation similar to that in 2004. I don't know why but I suspect that it is simply a small country and even with the best training system, they will not be able to compete in the long term with Spain, France, etc., which have several times more population. Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia have a similar problem. As for this particular tournament, Lithuania already failed when it didn`t apply to host this tournament. Then, today Lithuania would probably be happy about qualifying for the Olympics: Italy was embarrassingly weak and Puerto Rico took full advantage of the advantage of its own arena.

we hosted the tournament last time,we lost in the final then too.so i doubt that would of made a diffrence.And what's the issue ? simple,these ''I'm drowning in money look at where i play '' basketball players'' do not actually give one fuck about their nation when it comes down to crunch time,they just care about there contracts,there's always a boatload of excuses as to why they can't perform,and there allowed to get away with it,because people who talk about basketball online with platforms cannot be  bothered to criticize these millionares.No one here will accept the small population arguement,they simply won't.Latvians also played in their own arena this year,didn't bring them the ticket. 

Edited by Biathlonfan

5 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Yes, but basketball in Lithuania is the national sport and in Puerto Rico apparently the most popular sport is baseball - someone wrote on an Italian forum yesterday. I don't know if it's true because I'm not very familiar with the realities of this country.

Baseball is indeed the most popular sport in Puerto Rico.