website statistics

Archery WAE European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Looking at individual performances, the Netherlands will be the favorite for team gold and Olympic qualifications. I know it's archery, but it looks that way on paper. So the only thing left for Italy is the world runner-up or ranking (for now we are in 3rd place), so you can also root for e.g. India or Taiwan. However, it is all or nothing, because if our team does not enter, we may have a 0 in men's archery in Paris! Then we can't enter a mixed team either and we have 1 individual chance for women. Drama, since we had as many as 2 medals in Tokyo... Do I understand these rules correctly?

No, you will have at least one men

Posted (edited)

Agony for Hall, missing out via a shoot-off is always tough. Hopefully we can make amends by getting one of the team quotas, our three lads seem to have performed well the last couple days. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Illya said:

No, you will have at least one men

For me it's at least +1 mixed team, but I'm counting on a men's team. It's a pity that Asia's QO was taken over by low-ranking Kazakhstan, rather than India or Taiwan. This sport has become so competitive lately that basically anyone can beat anyone. The second thing is that before Tokyo that I remember 6-7 teams qualified from the World Championships and now only the medalists and Italy were left with nothing - 4th place.

Edited by copravolley

21 hours ago, avlar said:

Euro 2000 qualification is one of the bigest dramas of our sport when we lost to Slovenia at the play-off. 

I miss that years of Serie A. Young Shevchenko, young Cassano and Totti, and a swan song from Bagio. Then a fairytale of Chievo...

That's true. Those were wonderful times and not just because I was young and life was simpler.