website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, sounak said:

de Minaur withdraw from singles but played doubles! Very strange :wacko:

He had an injury recently and wasn't at 100% and singles is way more demanding physically than doubles. Plus clay is his worst surface and a 1R draw vs Struff wasn't the best, I think he made the right choice (Nadal should have done the same)

1 minute ago, Gonzaxene said:

He had an injury recently and wasn't at 100% and singles is way more demanding physically than doubles. Plus clay is his worst surface and a 1R draw vs Struff wasn't the best, I think he made the right choice (Nadal should have done the same)

I think Nadal also would have withdrawn from singles if he wasnt drawn against Djokovic. His match against Djokovic is I feel what pushed him through.

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Day 3

MONDAY 29.07.2024

:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK

Tennis W Singles Second Round

2nd Match on Court 8

Anna Karolína Schmiedlová vs Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA-14)

6:4, 6:4

Qualified For the Third Round

Next Match: Third Round, Day 4 (Tue. July, 30th) Match 2 on Court Suzanne-Lenglen

Anna Karolína Schmiedlová vs Jasmine Paolini (ITA-4)

The mixed doubles draw is really falling apart! Following the withdrawal of :POL, I thought the clear favourites were :GER followed by :FRA and :GRE

Now all of these teams are out :yikes:

Wasted chance for us :facepalm:, but at least both of them are still alive in singles :clap:

Vekic just beat Gauff and that is another American hope slashed, after Pegula last night. Good news for them is that Collins and Navarro are making it past this round. 

Donna looks very emotional again. Don't know when she is not, is she loses, she is emotional, if she wins she is emotional. :) (good thing i'm not a Eurosport commentator)

3 hours ago, vovanA said:

this GIF is just too funny. Medvedev couldn't receive Errani's serve 3 times in the final game 

Opposite of this classic :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Medal chance for  - Yushae Andrade playing for Bronze in the Boccia!
    • SWEDEN    Europe - The Final Countdown   Lyrics   Final Countdown We're leaving together But still it's farewell And maybe we'll come back To earth, who can tell? I guess there is no one to blame We're leaving ground (leaving ground) Will things ever be the same again? [Hook] It's the final countdown The final countdown [Verse 2] We're heading for Venus (Venus) And still we stand tall Cause maybe they've seen us And welcome us, all yeah With so many lightyears to go And things to be found (to be found) I'm sure that we'll all miss her so [Hook] It's the final countdown The final countdown. Guitar solo etc It’s the final countdown      
    • The impossible has happened...Ferrari takes the win, in Monza....on strategy  Miracles are not out of this world    
    • It was a great drive, but to be entirely fair about the 'from last place to the win' thing: that was also definitely part luck  The ones in the top had made their stop, then a safety car appeared and Bortoleto and several others could get a 'free' stop (including Verschoor, who got a 3rd place that way)   But in general: yeah, Bortoleto definitely should be on the radar for some team...
    • 4th in the U19 Women's European Championships, a very good result for them    @dcro @prso1000 @BruT06
    • Very happy to see  Manthopoulou win a silver in 100m    I had some expectations for her and was wondering why she disappeared, then I saw her name in the Paralympics and was very surprised, as I had not seen her name for quite some time    Life sometimes can be brutal but she seems happy now and that she accepted her new life condition  
    • Nikoleta Eleftheriadou (water polo, 26 yo)    Chrysoula Diamantopoulou (water polo, 28 yo)   A bit surprised by these as both just made their Olympic debuts. Eleftheriadou is in a long-term relationship with a famous basketball player (Vezenkov), so she probably is planning to start a family with him and is set financially. However, he just left the NBA to move back to Greece so I thought that was partially to be with her more, but now if she's retired from water polo it really doesn't matter.   Diamantopoulou I guess isn't a huge loss because she split being the main goalkeeper with Stamatopoulou, so now I'm sure Stamatopoulou will be the main goalkeeper.
    • Favourites  completely mess up against  in the wheelchair rugby semi.  Score was 47-47 with.a minute on the clock. Aussies wanted to hold possession, run out the clock & score with a couple of secs to go.  First part worked, but then they gave up a turnover,  took it to overtime & won!  
    • Stills one place in Sauber for next season... lets see whats going to happen, this guy is the best brazilian prospect in years.