website statistics

Skateboarding at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just catching up now, but wow, park is so much more fun to watch:yikes: 

To the skateboarding noob, like me, it feels like this is the Olympic 100m final and street is more like the 5000m race walk at the junior European championships :p 

Agree to disagree. I like street much more than park :d

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Agree to disagree. I like street much more than park :d

But there is so little speed and movement there (and all the time getting off their board to step and make some speed again), the only thing that's really moving a lot is the board under their feet, whereas in park they're going fast and jumping high and flipping and everything :d 

But yeah, of course everyone has their preferences :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But there is so little speed and movement there (and all the time getting off their board to step and make some speed again), the only thing that's really moving a lot is the board under their feet, whereas in park they're going fast and jumping high and flipping and everything :d 

But yeah, of course everyone has their preferences :p 

I like the variety in the course, compared park, where there’s only bowls. There’s handrails, benches, walls, stairs etc.

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Yes, 24 45-second runs can by go pretty quickly :d

I could’ve swore it was an hour in Tokyo, compared to 45 minutes here, but I guess not

And four years later and the same 5 countries win medals in skateboarding. :d

Good overall performance for Brazil in the Park. In the Street, however, with the exception of Leal and Hoefler, a shameful level. Probably not a good sign for Los Angeles.