website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

9 hours ago, vlad said:

Let's give all medals in all sports to the USA. Maybe this way they will stop these robberies everytime they compete in Olympics. 

I assume this is sarcasm.  USA is clearly a dominant figure in gymnastics especially the ladies.  I really liked that in the men there were a lot of medallists from different countries including gold from the Philipines.  Simone did very well but it was nice to see Rebeca get a gold. It is hard being the Susan Lucci of gymnastics.  People need to realilze winning to silver all arounds at two olympics in a row is a huge accomplishment.  The only person I would like to see a medal is Ellie Black because the more I find out about her the more I am impressed with her as a human being and athlete.   It is irony that  the pommel horse guy who only did that one event ends up with more medals than any US man this year.  It is kind of fun and cool that he plays off of his "nerd" look and how he can complete the Rubik's cube in under 11 seconds - I guess waiting to do his one event.  You never know where you will find  your super heroes.  As gymnastics commes to an end the USA got their touted and much talked about gold along with a gold for Simone in the AA not to mention vault   The chinese men and women weren't as strong as teams but did win some awards on the events and or all around.  Italy announced it self as a force to reckon with in ladies.  Not huge amount of conflict though the floor in ladies maybe more so.  The men were solid     Japan, China, GBR, Ukraine, Philipines, some spectacular falls - the Canadian guy on the bars was quite disastrous and scary.  I am not sure we need to have all the glitter on the l eotard of the ladies which I think is taking a nod to marketing and figure skating.  The uniforms have nothing to do with the floor routines and music let alone the bars, beam or vault.  In the end the human body is celebrated!  WOW.

1 hour ago, Skater Boy said:

I assume this is sarcasm.  USA is clearly a dominant figure in gymnastics especially the ladies.  I really liked that in the men there were a lot of medallists from different countries including gold from the Philipines.  Simone did very well but it was nice to see Rebeca get a gold. It is hard being the Susan Lucci of gymnastics.  People need to realilze winning to silver all arounds at two olympics in a row is a huge accomplishment.  The only person I would like to see a medal is Ellie Black because the more I find out about her the more I am impressed with her as a human being and athlete.   It is irony that  the pommel horse guy who only did that one event ends up with more medals than any US man this year.  It is kind of fun and cool that he plays off of his "nerd" look and how he can complete the Rubik's cube in under 11 seconds - I guess waiting to do his one event.  You never know where you will find  your super heroes.  As gymnastics commes to an end the USA got their touted and much talked about gold along with a gold for Simone in the AA not to mention vault   The chinese men and women weren't as strong as teams but did win some awards on the events and or all around.  Italy announced it self as a force to reckon with in ladies.  Not huge amount of conflict though the floor in ladies maybe more so.  The men were solid     Japan, China, GBR, Ukraine, Philipines, some spectacular falls - the Canadian guy on the bars was quite disastrous and scary.  I am not sure we need to have all the glitter on the l eotard of the ladies which I think is taking a nod to marketing and figure skating.  The uniforms have nothing to do with the floor routines and music let alone the bars, beam or vault.  In the end the human body is celebrated!  WOW.

Of course they are dominant when the judges are on their side. Wait and see in 2028 when Olympics are in Los Angeles. 

Edited by vlad

17 hours ago, vovanA said:

try to watch those 1960s routines, they are so easy comparing to modern

Maybe not the 60s, but i've seen most of 70s and 80s top names and their routines are mesmerizing, both in difficulty and in execution.  You can say with ease for many sports, that they are way ahead in modern times, than 50 years ago, but gymnastics is not one of them. 

Team Romania Press Release

Mihai Covaliu, the president of the Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee, yesterday sent a letter of protest to the International Gymnastics Federation, addressed directly to the president Morinari Watanabe, for the reanalysis of the appeal of Sabrina Voinea Maneca's floor exercise.

"With respect to Olympic values, the Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee submits this address by which it respectfully requests you to order the re-analysis by the decision-making factors of the case of the Romanian athlete Sabrina Maneca Voinea regarding the score given to the execution of the exercise in the floor final, contested on Monday, August 5, 2024 .

We make this request based on the care that the International Olympic Committee and the entire world sports movement gives to the athlete.

The way of assessing the score awarded and the refusal to fully present the reasons/evidence for the rejection of the appeal filed within the deadline set by the regulation brings serious damage both to the image of international gymnastics, but especially affects the athlete, even endangering his mental health.

The media coverage of the case of the Romanian sportswoman at the international level, her public declaration to give up practicing this sport as a result of today's decision morally obliges the decision-makers to reanalyze, substantiate and communicate the final decision.

The balanced and objective policy that FIG promotes gives us confidence in the fair resolution of the case presented.

With great respect, Mihai Covaliu."

We remind you that Sabrina Voinea

was deducted a tenth because she would have gone in an acrobatic line with her heel outside the line. Video and photo footage disprove this theory.

Ana Bărbosu, who for a minute and a half was in 3rd place, was also a victim in the context of awarding grades and accepting appeals.

#TeamRomania #COSR #Paris2024 #toțipentru1

Sabrina voinea did not leave the floor, let me not say that chiles was given the rotation, although the rotation was not complete neither chiles nor Voinea. the footage shows very clearly how Sabrina remains on the floor.

On 8/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, zob79 said:

@thiago_simoes Thiago, pls tell me why Sabrina Voinea got such a low score at floor exercise; I can't think of anything...neither can she

Her execution is still not great in some parts. Bent legs in a stretched double salto, for example. And her artistic performance is still not excellent, but much better than it was last year. She deserved, at least, the bronze medal. No question about it. She did the most with what she had. Chiles only got the bronze medal because she's American.

15 hours ago, Skater Boy said:

It is hard being the Susan Lucci of gymnastics.

Rebeca earned a gold medal in every single major competition in the last 4/5 years. I'm not sure why you associate 5 gold medals in 5 different major events with Susan Lucci.

IMG-20240806-WA0019.jpg

On 8/5/2024 at 2:37 PM, vlad said:

Let's give all medals in all sports to the USA. Maybe this way they will stop these robberies everytime they compete in Olympics. 

I can see several potential  flagbearers comiing out of gymnastics.  Maybe from the men's Japan all around champ?  Simone Biles is an obvious choice for the US.. Rebeca for Brazil Maybe Ana will get rewarded for Romania?  And our Filipino powerhorse for the Philipines?

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Rebeca earned a gold medal in every single major competition in the last 4/5 years. I'm not sure why you associate 5 gold medals in 5 different major events with Susan Lucci.

IMG-20240806-WA0019.jpg

Sorry I meant the AA.  I think Brian Orser and Elvis Stoijko suffered it in figure skating where in two quadrenniels they came second.    I am so glad Rebeca won the ffloor..... and over Simone too. Thhey are great friends and athletes.  At least isn't like that Canaddian diver - I think she placed fourth three times now they said.