website statistics

Beach Volleyball at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

11 minutes ago, Belle said:

Congratulations. :clap:

Thank you! :yes

This is BY FAR (sorry Kharun, our women’s 3x3 team, and Warner) my biggest wish for a Canadian medal at this Olympics, and now they are so close. We have yet to win an Olympic medal in this sport, even though we’ve had medal contending winning pairings in both Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020, and both times they exited in the quarterfinals. Outside of the Olympics I try to watch all of their matches on the Beach Pro Tour, and Melissa’s sideout has been so poor against some of the top teams that my hopes for them entering the tournament weren’t that high even as #4 in the world. But she was solid today, and it also helped that Kloth was more error-prone than usual. 

Taking it game by game, we’ll see what happens against Alvarez/Moreno in the quarterfinals…

First half of the men’s and women’s semifinals are set.  

Women’s Semifinals

:AUS Clancy/Mariafe v. TBD

:SUI Hüberli/Brunner v. TBD

Men’s Semifinals

:GER Ehlers/Wickler v. TBD

:SWE Åhman/Hellvig v. TBD

Wow who would thnk two swiss in the quarters and one american team only. Surprised the Canadians won as they have not looked good at all and in straight sets.  Thoughts - Canada make the semi finals?   Are the top Americans beatable.  I see a medal for the Swiss.