website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Don't know if they can even reach on time for weigh in

They are scheduled to take a late flight out of DXB & reach Bishkek around 4am. 
Still tough on them , unlucky but this wasn’t the fault of federation or the wrestlers. 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@MHSN I guess you can ignore Deepak Punia and Sujeet. They are stranded at Dubai airport last few days with no food, water or sleep.

oh that's terrible :wacko:. not sure if they have/had to cut weight. maybe that's manageable if they don't but still it's really hard to deal with not-resting enough and cutting weight at the same time.

we had the same problems too but fortunately that was only for the officials who wanted to travel later. The wrestlers went to Bishkek earlier 

and a bit about Greco

60kg:

5 Asian wrestlers are already qualified and that makes this competition weaker. much weaker. I think Sultangali (KAZ) already won the quota thanks to the draw unless something super crazy happens. and in the bottom half PRK is the clear favorite, the South Korean guy is totally new but he is probably good that they picked him over Kim H.S. still it's easy to say :KAZ:PRK

67kg:

top half will be decided between KGZ, PRK and CHN. I think Ismailov will meet Husiyueto in the SF and since they are the host, he will be the favorite

there are 4 big names in the bottom half, former World Champ Ryu will meet Sogabe. I think Sogabe will go to the SF against the winner of Atabaev vs Shermakhanmet. it's hard to pick between these 3 guys. my prediction: :KGZ:JPN

77kg:

this is a weak filed with only few serious competitors. Zhadrayev has a clean path to the quota. only the Korean might give him a challenge and even that is highly unlikely.

in bottom half I expect to see IRN vs CHN for the quota. Kaviani beat this Chinese guy twice recently but it was never easy for him. my prediction: :KAZ:IRI

87kg:
the terrible seeding system made the top half much easier. the QF match between CHN vs KOR will decide who is going to Paris. I think China is the clear favorite

bottom half is much harder, our guy Mohmadi has to beat KGZ to reach the SF which I think he will. in the other part we will have JPN vs IND first. both of them are good and it won't be easy to predict but still multiple World medalist Berdimuratov (UZB) will be favorite against any of them. I think Mohmadi and Berdimuratov are claerمy the top 2 here but only one of them goes to Paris. I want to be a bit biased here, so I say :CHN:IRI

97kg:

again another unbalanced draw. out of 4 favorites, 3 of them are in the top half. Assakalov has to beat both KAZ and KGZ to qualify, won't be easy and I think his match vs Zhuzupbekov might be 50/50 I still go with Assakalov and his pure technique

clearly the first round match between CHN vs KOR will decide the quota with China as the clear favorite (you can never rule out a 1-1 result in heavyweight) :UZB:CHN

130kg

I'm very surprised that Korea is not entering Kim Min-seok, he did good few days ago at the Asian Champs. does it mean the other guy is better than him? I'm going to pick him because of that reason ! but Nesimov (UZB) and even the India Naveen has a chance to beat him. 

in the bottom half the SF between KAZ and KGZ will be crucial. my prediction: :KOR:KAZ