website statistics

Team GB at the World Athletics Relays Road to Paris 2024

GB sticking with Brodie Young for the mixed - guess the hope is that last night was just an off race. Even if he can be a little sharper, it will give Pipi the chance to get into a stronger position from the start of her leg.

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

GB sticking with Brodie Young for the mixed - guess the hope is that last night was just an off race. Even if he can be a little sharper, it will give Pipi the chance to get into a stronger position from the start of her leg.

See my comment in the other thread. They've brought in Laviai for Ama on leg 2 and then Yeargin to anchor (assuming that they posted the team in leg order). It makes sense. That's probably the biggest differential split they could do differently. Although with the slightly easier level of competition, you would hope that it wouldn't matter as much.

Frankly, we're probably already nailed on for one of the 2 timed quota spots anyway even if we don't finish this. Would take some unexpectedly quick races to change it.

Today's 4x4 splits.

Young - 46.19
Laviai - 51.06
Dobson - 44.54
Yeargin - 51.20

VO - 51.77
Lina - 51.11
Emily - 52.33
Hannah - 50.63

MHS - 40.50
AHW - 49.99
Brier - 46.75
Davey - 45.38

I'd question the splits given to MHS and AHW though. :d It works out to 45.25 and 45.24 though, which is solid for 2 legs, especially as one of them is the opener from blocks.

All in all, a professional job done. If my brain is working correctly, I think only us and the US qualified 5/5 this weekend.