website statistics

GB Triathlon

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Puts the open water events in massive jeopardy too. Realistically the organisers should've come up with an alternative to the Seine as backup as cleaning it up was always gonna be a big ask. 

There is something wonderfully French about the utter arrogant refusal to consider the possible problems of various Seine related part of their grande fete, despite being warned by everyone time out of number, and now they are going to screw up events athletes trained 4 years for because they didn't have the humility to put their grand design aside when first warned.

Yes, I'm cross - even though a run-bike-run creates a completely different and beneficial situation for Yee, Potter,

Isn't this just going to be another one of those disaster stories that appear in the build up to every Olympics; where there's some catastrophic issue plaguing the Games but then it's actually fine when it happens? I remember about a month out from Vancouver 2010 there were reports there's no snow at all in Whistler. I sure hope it is because how can you do triathlon without the swimming?; It's not a triathlon otherwise. Might as well say we're skipping the first 500m of the 1500m, or replacing the riding in modern pentathlon with a saturday night game show obstacle course. 

20 minutes ago, JamDH said:

Isn't this just going to be another one of those disaster stories that appear in the build up to every Olympics; where there's some catastrophic issue plaguing the Games but then it's actually fine when it happens? I remember about a month out from Vancouver 2010 there were reports there's no snow at all in Whistler. I sure hope it is because how can you do triathlon without the swimming?; It's not a triathlon otherwise. Might as well say we're skipping the first 500m of the 1500m, or replacing the riding in modern pentathlon with a saturday night game show obstacle course. 

You're right that there are always scare stories in the run up to a games but there's more substance behind this issue than most given they had to cancel the swimming in the triathlon Olympic test event last year. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

You're right that there are always scare stories in the run up to a games but there's more substance behind this issue than most given they had to cancel the swimming in the triathlon Olympic test event last year. 

Scare stories for an olympics?? *laughs in zika virus* 

2 hours ago, Olympicsnell said:

Scare stories for an olympics?? *laughs in zika virus* 

Was more thinking about the run up to London with stories about venues not being finished on time, the predictions of traffic chaos and how people would be too scared to come after the London riots. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 7:08 PM, Rafa Maciel said:

Start lists are out for the WTCS in Yokohama :JPN

Men:

Alex Yee

Barclay Izzard

Women:

Beth Potter

Kate Waugh

Sophie Coldwell

Olivia Mathias 

All change in the starting line-up for Yokohama with both Yee and Izzard appearing to have withdrawn along with Beth Potter. On the (slight) upside, Johnny Brownlee has been added to the entry list. 

Izzard is now down on the start list of the World Cup event in Samarkand :UZB the following week (18-May) as is Georgia Taylor Brown and Beth Potter. 

• 2 weeks later...