website statistics

GB Triathlon

On 6/17/2024 at 8:02 PM, mpjmcevoy said:

I don't think it's impossible they've picked Waugh as having more long term potential, and Sophie is appealling.

Apparently there was an appeal and it went in Waugh's favour.  Otherwise men's team is Yee & Dickenson, no Brownlee.  Then Potter, Georgia Taylor-Brown and Waugh.

Team GB triathlon team named for Paris 2024 Olympics - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Apparently there was an appeal and it went in Waugh's favour.  Otherwise men's team is Yee & Dickenson, no Brownlee.  Then Potter, Georgia Taylor-Brown and Waugh.

Team GB triathlon team named for Paris 2024 Olympics - BBC Sport

Guess I was spot on. Can't imagine Coldwell got initial call and Waugh overturned it, the two were so close either was justifiable - which makes me think my original call was bang on. Tough on Codwel, but I think Waugh is probably a better future bet....

Seems like a very harsh call on Sophie. They both had a fair chance to prove who right now is the better athlete and that was Sophie.

Maybe they feel they don’t need 3 bullets with GTB back to health and Beth being Beth, and rather can focus on the future.

it will be a good experience for Kate and hopefully she can mix it with the front group!