website statistics

GB Athletics

7 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

A good list. One name that you've missed that I'd be tempted to add is Nick Miller in the hammer - his health is questionable but if he gets back competing at all this summer you would expect him to be in the top 5 in GB easily.

Aside from that, the only quibble I would have is maybe tracking a few more juniors who could make the breakouts that you talk about - the likes of Phoebe Gill or Nia Wedderburn-Goodison could easily come on leaps and bounds this year.

Good point with Miller - I'd based it on the Po10 data from 2023 and 2024 and Miller hadn't competed so he didn't make the list. I'm not sure what the story is with him - can't see if he's planning on competing this year or not, but if he posts a distance of mid 70s, then I'll add him in. Likewise also keeping an eye on Taylor Campbell - he's been out for ages but his social media posts suggest he's heading back to competition this year. Again, if he can post a mid 70s then he'll make the cut for the list.

On the juniors, if the performance justifies it, they can be added to the list - although I do find them more difficult to track. Domestic meets are not great for posting their results and navigating the US collegiate system is an absolute nightmare. 

33 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Good point with Miller - I'd based it on the Po10 data from 2023 and 2024 and Miller hadn't competed so he didn't make the list. I'm not sure what the story is with him - can't see if he's planning on competing this year or not, but if he posts a distance of mid 70s, then I'll add him in. Likewise also keeping an eye on Taylor Campbell - he's been out for ages but his social media posts suggest he's heading back to competition this year. Again, if he can post a mid 70s then he'll make the cut for the list.

On the juniors, if the performance justifies it, they can be added to the list - although I do find them more difficult to track. Domestic meets are not great for posting their results and navigating the US collegiate system is an absolute nightmare. 

Nick posted last summer that he hoped to be back this year but that's the most recent news I've seen. He sounds like he had fairly serious heart issues, so certainly wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it back. Health has to obviously come first!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

With the outdoor season having kicked off and the "current form" window for UK Athletics now open, I thought I'd share this for those who are interested.

This is the athlete long-list that I think our ultimate Olympic squad will come from.

Needless to say, I don't think all or even the majority of them will be selected and some of them may not even compete this year due to injury, but these are the athletes whose performances I am going to try and track over the next few weeks/months heading into trials (although I am always happy to accommodate a few breakout performances).

Athletics 24.xlsx 69.31 kB · 4 downloads

It does seem like the Europeans will be a focus so some of those are mainly targeting a spot they and know they too far off a GB Olympic time. (They will be the invite rejected category which could be where the drama is.)

Edited by Orangehair43

Fresh from his Olympic qualifying distance of 67.73 at the Oklahoma Throws event yesterday, Nick Percy returned for the second day of competition and posted a best of 63.87m. 

In the same competition, Dan Greaves racked up 3 fouls but did achieve a pretty solid season's opener of 58.48m - that's just 40cm short of his result from all of last year.

In the women's competition, Jade Lally improved her season's best to 57.23m.

Heads up for some athletes in action this week at the Oklahoma Throws Series World Invitational

Women's Shot Put:

Divine Oladipo 

Women's Discus:

Jade Lally

Kirsty Law

Men's Discus:

Lawrence Okoyo

Nick Percy

Dan Greaves

This is the same location that Nick Percy got his Olympic Qualifying distance this weekend so hopefully the others in the team can find the same form.

:GBR athletes in the 2024 Wanda Diamond League:

Leg 1 - Xiamen (20-Apr)

Men's 800m - Ethan Hussey

Aimee Pratt was apparently on the initial start list for the 300m Steeplechase but she's not on it anymore.

Leg 2 - Shanghai/Suzhou (27-Apr)

Leg 3 - Doha (10-May)

Women's 800m Jemma Reekie 

Women's Pole Vault - Molly Caudery

Leg 4 - Rabat/Marrakech (19-May)

Leg 5 - Eugene (25-May)

Bowerman Mile - Josh Kerr

Will be interesting to see how many other Brits make the start lists. Not expecting many in the Chinese double header but we should see a few more by the time we get to Doha and Rabat.

Brits in action this weekend:

Tom Jones Memorial Invitational:  

Jona Efoloko - 100m / 200m

Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake - 200m

Matt Hudson-Smith - 400m

Efekemo Okoro - 400m / 400m Hurdles

Joe Breir - 400m

Alistair Chambers - 400m Hurdles

Josh Zeller - 110m Hurldes

Finette Agyapong - 100m / 200m

Imani Lansiquot - 100m / 200m

Nia Wedderburn-Goodison - 100m / 200m

Bianca Williams - 100m / 200m

Ama Pipi - 200m

Jodie Williams - 200m / 400m

Amber Anning - 200m / 400m 

Nicole Yeargin - 400m

Victoria Ohuruogu - 400m 

Cindy Sember - 100m Hurdles

Isabel Wakefield - 100m Hurdles

Pacific Coast Invitational: 

Jessica Tappin - 400m Hurdles

Chay Clark - 400m 

Dan Putnam - 400m 

16 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Brits in action this weekend:

Tom Jones Memorial Invitational:  

Jona Efoloko - 100m / 200m

Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake - 200m

Matt Hudson-Smith - 400m

Efekemo Okoro - 400m / 400m Hurdles

Joe Breir - 400m

Alistair Chambers - 400m Hurdles

Josh Zeller - 110m Hurldes

Finette Agyapong - 100m / 200m

Imani Lansiquot - 100m / 200m

Nia Wedderburn-Goodison - 100m / 200m

Bianca Williams - 100m / 200m

Ama Pipi - 200m

Jodie Williams - 200m / 400m

Amber Anning - 200m / 400m 

Nicole Yeargin - 400m

Victoria Ohuruogu - 400m 

Cindy Sember - 100m Hurdles

Isabel Wakefield - 100m Hurdles

Pacific Coast Invitational: 

Jessica Tappin - 400m Hurdles

Chay Clark - 400m 

Dan Putnam - 400m 

Is the top one dedicated to the one and only Welsh sexbomb or someone completely different? 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

• Latest Posts around Totallympics