website statistics

Who is a lock to win a Gold Medal at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

however, there's one and only one lock winner in Paris...and his name is Thomas Bach, former, current and future (Fencing) Olympic Champion for the ages! :evil:

his legacy won't be forgotten for a long, long time :pope:

unfortunately :cry: :facepalm: :hairpull:

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

however, there's one and only one lock winner in Paris...and his name is Thomas Bach, former, current and future (Fencing) Olympic Champion for the ages! :evil:

his legacy won't be forgotten for a long, long time :pope:

unfortunately :cry: :facepalm: :hairpull:

LMAO,THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER TO THIS WHOLE THREAD :lol:.

15 minutes ago, hckošice said:

the only lock which interest me is the NHL lock-out :p

Still patiently waiting for the second one in my fan-lifetime .. :happyjump:

really?

I experienced 1 strike and 3 lockouts already :yikes: :evil:

the most memorable one was the 1994/1995 lockout, when the Italian League was still a thing and quite a few NHL stars came to play on our ice sheets :cheer:

Edited by phelps

19 minutes ago, hckošice said:

the only lock which interest me is the NHL lock-out :p

Still patiently waiting for the second one in my fan-lifetime .. :happyjump:

Same. 

Just now, phelps said:

really?

I experienced 1 strike and 3 lockouts already :yikes: :evil:

the most memorable one was the 1994/1995 lockout, when the Italian League was still a thing and quite a few NHL stars came to play on our ice sheets :cheer:

I remember only the 2004/05 one :p what a fantastic season it was for Europe and our extraleague. man Gaborik, Hossa, Demitra etc... playing at home. madre de dios ! that was some orgasmic pleasure for us here :wub:

4 minutes ago, Timezone said:

Sports like equestrian and shooting who are favourites to win those events?

without knowing anything about those events,i really doubt the word favorites can even really be used for them,especially for equestrian events

Britain will be strong contenders in the team eventing, and team dressage (& individual dressage with Charlotte Dujardin on ImHoTep). Lesser chances but still possibles in the jumping. 

But I wouldn’t go near describing those chances as “locks”. 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:25 PM, Josh said:

Like I said, :JPN Uta Abe in women’s 52kg judo. 

I don’t have the time to name all “locks” and provide my reasoning on all events that I disagree with, maybe later I’ll do another reply. Other names I would consider to be “locks” include :SWE Mondo Duplantis in men’s pole vault, :USA United States women’s basketball, Katie Ledecky in women’s 1500m freestyle (and 800m freestyle if McIntosh isn’t competing in it) and :CAN Summer McIntosh in women’s 400m individual medley*

:CHN diving team sweeping the Olympic gold medals in diving is certainly possible, but they’ve never done it before. Not to mention that the Budapest 2023 World Champion in men’s 10m was :AUS Cassiel Rousseau. Along with that, I’d also give chance to a non-Chinese gold in men’s 10m synchro (been seeing a lot of good things from :GBR Tom Daley at Doha 2024) 

In table tennis, :JPN is right up there in men’s/women’s team. At Chengdu 2022, Japan took China to a deciding 5th game in the men’s team semifinals, while at Busan 2024, Japan took China to a deciding 5th game in the women’s team final. I also wouldn’t count out :IND in women’s team, they narrowly lost to China in the group stage at Busan 2024 (also a deciding 5th game), although they aren’t very consistent so they might not even make it to a potential encounter against China. 

Uta Abe's elder brother, Hifumi, is more deserving of a lock than Uta.
Cuz he has no strong opponents except for his domestic rival Joshiro Maruyama.
Uta has a strong rival named Amandine Buchard, a local French player.
Uta has been defeated only once by a foreign player, and that was Buchard.
However, there're two more promising figures than these two siblings.
They're Yui Susaki and Akari Fujinami of women's wrestling.
Now 24 years old, Susaki has been defeated by only one player to date since she was 10.
She has never been defeated by a foreign player since her first international appearance 10 years ago.
The 20-year-old Fujinami has never been defeated by anyone since 2017 and has now won 133 consecutive victories.
Most of their victories are via fall or technical fall.
Is there such a lock that can surpass them?