website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2024

1 hour ago, dullard said:

Looks like it wasn't only East Germany doping their athletes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/articles/crlrn9re3z5o

Nothing new, all known. 

I do believe that Germany is now one of the cleaner nations in sports, which doesn’t mean there is no doping in Germany. As a consequence you can observe their drop in medal tables at Olympics. While other nations emerge as Netherlands , Italy, Norway etc. 

not to mention China, US, UK, France etc. let’s be realistic and say there is a limited number of athletes competing at top level without help. Those are the exceptionally talented ones.

Or do we believe the US, Chinese , French, Dutch athletes are so much more talented than the others and do much better training methods? And apologies mentioning only those countries, but as said probably many athletes at top level use some help incl my home country, but I guess it’s more spread in „rich“ countries or where you have state sponsored doping (Russia, probably China, to some extent US, etc) 

24 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Of course I forgot the Australian swimmers 😂. Or is it because of Australian water that they are so good😉

naaa...in AUS they have sharks all around, also in the swimming pools, so they have to swim fast if they don't want to get caught :p

58 minutes ago, phelps said:

naaa...in AUS they have sharks all around, also in the swimming pools, so they have to swim fast if they don't want to get caught :p

Probably, but no sharks in Italy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jannik Sinner tested positive twice for banned substance clostebol.

Testing agencies didn't publish his doping results to public.

Tribunal ruled that cream used on his cut caused contamination.

He has been cleared of the dopings.

Just now, tirtha22 said:

Jannik Sinner tested positive twice for banned substance clostebol.

Testing agencies didn't publish his doping results to public.

Tribunal ruled that cream used on his cut caused contamination.

He has been cleared of the dopings.

I think it’s standard procedure to not publish now until someone is suspended. As he appealed against a provisional suspension it wasn’t revealed until it was all resolved.