website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

37 minutes ago, dodge said:

That is your opinion and frankly, it’s nonsense.

No man, it's nonsense for you to argue with this having one of the most likable nations in boxing. First of all, there are no transparent criteria of how they evaluate rounds, so it sounds very arrogant :raspberry: 

32 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly, i think that Slovakian boxer is favourite for the quota :p

Yep, sure and elephants can fly

Slovakia vs Italy for the one quota in Boxing ? Even uncle Scrooge would not dare to bet a leaky penny on us... Everybody knows that it is 0:5 already marked here

36 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly, i think that Slovakian boxer is favourite for the quota :p

In my opinion Mesiano and Sadiku look the best here and both will go to Paris. These are the bronze medalists of the 2022 World Championships weighing up to 60 kg. The Slovakian doesn`t have any successes under her belt. Additionally, the fight between Mesiano and Sadiku was 50/50. The Italian is a clear favorite in the match for 3rd place.

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Yep, sure and elephants can fly

Slovakia vs Italy for the one quota in Boxing ? Even uncle Scrooge would not dare to bet a leaky penny on us... Everybody knows that it is 0:5 already marked here

This is where the referees don't help Italy, but I still think Mesiano is better. If the judging had been pro-Ita, Mesiano would have won today 3-2. The fight was a perfect draw.

30 minutes ago, Illya said:

No man, it's nonsense for you to argue with this having one of the most likable nations in boxing. First of all, there are no transparent criteria of how they evaluate rounds, so it sounds very arrogant :raspberry: 

99% of the times Irish boxers lose, Irish fans claim a robbery too. 

It’s nearly always nonsense. 

Of course there have been robberies, and because of that others latch on. The worst I ever seen was Anthony Joshua over the Cuban in 2012 for example. 

It’s the same as football fans blaming the ref every time they lose though. The odd time they’re right, they’re mostly wrong 

2 minutes ago, dodge said:

Of course there have been robberies, and because of that others latch on. The worst I ever seen was Anthony Joshua over the Cuban in 2012 for example. 

It’s the same as football fans blaming the ref every time they lose though. The odd time they’re right, they’re mostly wrong 

A challenge for boxing "experts" would be: watch live a lot of bouts, at exactly the end of each round write here the score they'd give, and then compare it to one judge picked at random to see which % is the same (considering the possible scores are very few it should be very high, something like >= 90%)

Edited by Faramir

3 minutes ago, dodge said:

2012 Olympics was a total disaster. So many cases, but of course I remember Khitrov - Ogogo the best. With a level score they gave victory to Ogogo. But after that found out that Olympic website showed not only the total score, but also points awarded by every single judge. And no one judhe gave more points to Ogogo but - onlly level scores or in favour of Khitrov. How did they solved it? They simply hid that information at the website!!!

As for me, if 99% of the times fans from any country can claim a robbery - is the best evidence of awful scoring system and work of judges )

Diego Lenzi won against the Spaniard in 92 kg. Italy will have at least 2 QO fights on Monday. Tonight I'm still counting on Carini and Charaabi to win. I think that 2 QO for Italy is realistic here.