Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Any faves?

hmm , this is very early because I believe those lists are not final, for example in US they will have some kind of trials for the qualifiers.

US is obviously the top favorite to complete its freestyle quotas, they will also win few Greco quotas as well. I see some American wrestlers (mostly NCAA wrestlers) representing other countries, making the prediction a bit harder. for example Mexico has Anthony Valencia and Roman Bravo-Young.

Cuba has some new guys here but when you talk about Cuba, they are always dangerous. but they are losing in freestyle and most of their new guys are very weak. 

in men's freestyle (which I'm much more familiar) Canada will be top favorite for 125kg quota, I believe 86kg quota is also possible depends on the draw. same as 57kg. I think 74kg field is wide open, same as 97kg. I don't think 65kg is possible. there are 3 much better wrestlers in the draw. 

seeding will play a big role here. the Pan-Am Champs will be helf few days before this. we will see how many of these guys will show up in both events. 

• 4 weeks later...

According to the UWW Pan American Olympic Qualifier Preview, here are the contenders for quotas in each weight category:

Women’s Wrestling
50kg: :ECU Jacqueline Mollocana, :VEN Mariana Rojas, :COL Alisson Cardozo
53kg: :USA Dominique Parrish, :CAN Karla Godinez

57kg: :BRA Giullia Penalber, :CAN Hannah Taylor, :COL Luisa Valverde, :MEX Alma Valencia Escoto

62kg: :CAN Karla Godinez, :USA Kayla Miracle, :BRA Lias Nunes

68kg:USA Amit Elor, :CAN Linda Morais

76kg: :CAN Justina Di Stasio, :ECU Genesis Reasco

Men’s Freestyle

57kg: :VEN Pedro Mejias Rodriguez, :USA Zane Richards, :MEX Roman Bravo Young, :PUR Darian Cruz

65kg: :USA Nicholas Lee, :ARG Agustin Destribats, :CUB Alejandro Valdes, :MEX Austin Gomez

74kg: :CUB Jeandry Garzon, :BRA Cesar Bordeaux, :PUR Sonny Santiago

86kg: :CUB Yurieski Torreblanca, :PUR Ethan Ramos, :VEN Pedro Ceballos, :MEX Anthony Valencia

97kg: :CAN Nishan Randhawa, :CRC Maxwell Lacey, :CUB Arturo Silot, :VEN Cristian Sarco

125kg: :CAN Amar Dhesi, :CUB Ibrain Torres, :PUR Jonovan Smith, :VEN Jose Diaz

Men’s Greco Roman

60kg: :VEN Raiber Rodriguez, :USA Ildar Hafizov

67kg: :USA Alejandro Sancho, :COL Julian Horta, :ECU Andres Montano

77kg: :ARG Arsen Julfalakyan, :CUB Yosvanys Pena, :USA Kamal Bey, :COL Jair Cuero Munoz, :BRA Joilson Ramos

87kg: :CUB Daniel Gregorich, :VEN Luis Avendano, :HON Alfonso Ariel Andres, :COL Carlos Munoz

97kg: :HON Kevin Mejia, :USA Alan Vera

130kg: :CHI Yasmani Acosta, :USA Cohlton Schultz, :VEN Moises Peres

So to answer your question @Benolympique yes :yes

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

do countries not qualified for the Olympic games have any chances? notably :HON

Honduras has an OKish guy at 97kg Greco and since Cuba is already qualified in that weight, and USA and VEN will be on the other side of the draw (because of seedings) I highly doubt Mejia loses the quota this time. 

but beside that, I believe the rest of the quotas will go to big Pan-Am countries.

unless other small countries have some NCAA American wrestlers who can do something. I know some of them do.

Edited by MHSN

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Honduras has an OKish guy at 97kg Greco and since Cuba is already qualified in that weight, and USA and VEN will be on the other side of the draw (because of seedings) I highly doubt Mejia loses the quota this time. 

but beside that, I believe the rest of the quotas will go to big Pan-Am countries.

unless other small countries have some NCAA American wrestlers who can do something. I know some of them do.

Any chance for the hosts?