website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Iga Świątek plays first match on Rod Laver Arena on Tuesday. 2 a.m. CET. Brilliant :cry:

Either it is a good time for American audience to watch Kenin and that is why they chose such a schedule

or it is another proof that ITF/WTA is just not happy that some random girl from Poland is no.1 and they don’t think she can generate good viewing stats even when she plays against such a strong opponent 

34 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Iga Świątek plays first match on Rod Laver Arena on Tuesday. 2 a.m. CET. Brilliant :cry:

Either it is a good time for American audience to watch Kenin and that is why they chose such a schedule

or it is another proof that ITF/WTA is just not happy that some random girl from Poland is no.1 and they don’t think she can generate good viewing stats even when she plays against such a strong opponent 

The Americans never cared about Kenin. She won a slam as a young girl and is completely unknown in the US. The media only cared about Gauff.

32 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I must admit i am surprised with this result . I haven’t seen it coming at all

Really? Samsonova always loses early in slams and lost to Bogdan and Siegemund in the lead-up events without winning a match.

3 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Really? Samsonova always loses early in slams and lost to Bogdan and Siegemund in the lead-up events without winning a match.

Ok. But Anisimova didn’t look good in the lead-up either coming back to the tour after a long period

good for me that I’m not a gambling man heh

So if the US don’t care about Kenin then… what’s the weather forecast for Tuesday daytime in Melbourne ? Three sets in heavy heat , not a good start . 

Here is a big hype on Świątek in Polish media . You can read a lot that it would be good to avoid Ostapenko in QF(she has 0-4 record against her or sth). Right, but first she needs to get there. Kenin and Collins/Kerber is not an easy start. And Sabalenka plays today in the evening so she will have more time to rest from the beginning 

Edited by rafalgorka