website statistics

Track Cycling UCI Nations Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, copravolley said:

The plan has been done for Canada - 2 QOs have arrived, so there is nothing to get excited about. However, I`m worried about the poor form of the Italian women in the pursuit race - individually Balsamo and Consonni are in fantastic shape, but the team is not very well-coordinated :( With Great Britain, which focuses everything on the Olympics and its competitors only ride on the track, it1s difficult to win, but it`s already a worse time than France may be disturbing. France also has road racers and they are much less talented than the Italians. 

Poor form about what??? They  ride almost  the italian record,  in Paris  they  will be' able  to ride around 4.08 low or 4.07 high , it wont  be' enough  for gold,  bit they are definetely  very big medal contenders , there isnt  anything  to be' worried  about,  they will be focusing  on track in lastre 2 months  ( I hope also Balsamo will forget  the olympic road race)

7 hours ago, copravolley said:

France also has road racers and they are much less talented than the Italians. 

How so ? The two teams have been facing each other for a couple of years now (since early u23) and despite Italy coming out on top most of the times there has never been a major gap between both.

3 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

How so ? The two teams have been facing each other for a couple of years now (since early u23) and despite Italy coming out on top most of the times there has never been a major gap between both.

I mean that France doesn't currently have a top-class cyclist like Elisa Balsamo or even Chiara Consonni. The problem for the Italians is that they rarely train with each other due to the intense season on the road. Therefore, beating UK, which focuses 100% on the track is unlikely but fight of silver and bronze is still open. I hope that Marco Villa has planned it well and will have more time to work with the team before the Olympics. Balsamo and Consonni have a strong position in their teams and will certainly be allowed to train longer for the track.

3 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Poor form about what??? They  ride almost  the italian record,  in Paris  they  will be' able  to ride around 4.08 low or 4.07 high , it wont  be' enough  for gold,  bit they are definetely  very big medal contenders , there isnt  anything  to be' worried  about,  they will be focusing  on track in lastre 2 months  ( I hope also Balsamo will forget  the olympic road race)

I'm just worried about the final against the UK, which was a disaster for Italy. France was able to improve from run to run, Italy was not. I think that in the end, Paternoster will replace Alzini in the 4 for the team at least looking at the current form. In the road race, due to profile of course, Elisa Longo Borghini will 100% be the Italian leader, especially if she maintains her current high form.

13 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Anyone know where to watch this morning session? CBC isn't broadcasting it. 

Normally the morning sessions aren't livestreamed anywhere, even at the world championships.

Unbelievable mess in the men’s omnium points race. Hayter wins but somehow isn’t credited with a lap leading to a 20 min delay while the officials try to figure out what happened.

Shambles 🤣