website statistics

2024 in sports - Contest

rafalgorka

On 1/8/2024 at 2:59 PM, rafalgorka said:

This is not a problem at all. Handball ECH hasn't started yet so we will cast your votes, no problem. Maybe someone else wants to join us as well??? Handball starts on Jan 10

Btw, i am really interested how do you find chances for German Men's Handball Team in ECH and then in Paris? Also other German teams in teams sports (basketball, volleyball, hockey...).

I think in handball Germany will finish 5th or 6th at the european championships and (if they qualify) it will be roughly the same in Paris. France, Denmark and Norway all have more quality, so normally Germany should beat them maybe 2-3 times out of 10. Spain and Sweden also have more quality in my opinion, but Germany might be able to beat them 3-4 times out of 10.

Men's basketball: The goal should be to win a medal. I think the US, Canada and maybe also France/Serbia should be favored over Germany.

Women's basketball: Not qualifying would be a disappointment and if they should qualify, then they should aim at making it ouf of the group.

Men's volleyball: The goal should be to make it out of the group.

Women's volleyball: Don't see any chance that they will qualify.

Men's football: Won't compete in Paris.

Women's football: I think it is pretty unlikely that they will qualify.

Men's hockey: The goal should be to win a minor medal (if they qualify).

Women's hockey: The goal should be to win a minor medal (if they qualify).

Men's/Women's water polo/rugby: Won't compete in Paris

Women's handball: The goal should be to qualify and then to make it out of the group.

Overall: The goal should be to win 2-3 medals in team sports.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.