website statistics

2024 in sports - Contest

rafalgorka

And what are you waiting for in a non-olympic year of 2025???

A series of WCH of course: Athletics, Aquatics, Cycling, Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing...

Annual events like Tour de France, Tennis Grand Slams, NBA play-offs, F1 season...

But what else?

The things is - as for now - I don't plan to go to Paris olympics this year, I have plans to go to Milan for 2026 olympics but i am also looking for an event or two to go in 2025 and i want to go swh close to me, swh in Europe. First idea is a F1 race, probably in Hungary. This is the least expensive choice for me and it's a few hours drive from where i live. But maybe i find sth else to go, sth even better...

For 2027 i plan to go to swimming wch in Budapest. But i am sure the tickets will be much more expensive than 2023 athletics wch there, much kess seats un the stands... And the final sessions will be quickly sold out. But maybe we go for 2-3 days.

Posted (edited)

Quick question:

do you want me to add 12 more questions to our 2024 contest (that would be 2 questions per month, not 1 question per month), maybe that would be more interesting this way but i am not sure.

Or we leave it as it is...

Edited by rafalgorka

Summary of our January choices so far:

Who will win 2024 M Handball ECH:

:DEN canadafan24, heywoodu, Gianlu33, rafalgorka, Wumo, Ogreman, OlympicsFan

:ESP Josh

:FRA phelps

Hopefully i haven't forgotten anyone here.

And you can still join us obviously.

This is a small thing, nothing close to great prediction contests Wumo does here, but still... We need to find sth to do in this waiting for Paris olympics, i just can't wait for the games to get started...

1. JANUARY - Who will win the 2024 European Men's Handball Championship?  :DEN

2. FEBRUARY - Who will win Men's Pursuit event at the 2024 Biathlon World Championships? JT Boe :NOR

3. MARCH - Who will win Ladies event in 2024 Figure Skating World Championships? Kaori Sakamoto :JPN

4. APRIL - Who will win Golf Masters Tournament in 2024? Collin Morikawa :USA

5. MAY - Who will 2024 Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship? :CAN

6. JUNE* - Who will win UEFA EURO 2024? :FRA

7. JULY* - Which NOC will win the most medals in total in Paris 2024 olympics? :USA

8. AUGUST* - Which NOC will win the most gold medals in Paris 2024 olympics? :USA

9. SEPTEMBER - Who will win Tennis Ladies Singles event in 2024 US Open? Iga Swiatek :POL

10. OCTOBER - Who will win 2024 World Series (Baseball)? Pass ! Not a single idea either Charlie Sheen´s Cleveland ? Indians or the Season will be cancelled due players strike :p)

11. NOVEMBER - Who will win ATP Finals in Singles event? Novak Djokovic :SRB

12. DECEMBER - Who will win World Drivers' Championships in F1 2024 season? Max Verstappen :NED

On 1/9/2024 at 2:42 AM, rafalgorka said:

Summary of our January choices so far:

Who will win 2024 M Handball ECH:

:DEN canadafan24, heywoodu, Gianlu33, rafalgorka, Wumo, Ogreman, OlympicsFan

:ESP Josh

:FRA phelps

Hopefully i haven't forgotten anyone here.

And you can still join us obviously.

This is a small thing, nothing close to great prediction contests Wumo does here, but still... We need to find sth to do in this waiting for Paris olympics, i just can't wait for the games to get started...

One pick for each day of the Games similar to this contest would be fun. I could make up a slate of picks closer to the time.

7 hours ago, canadafan2024 said:

One pick for each day of the Games similar to this contest would be fun. I could make up a slate of picks closer to the time.

I tried to do sth like this during Beijing and it was ok but Wumo does these things much better than me

Edited by rafalgorka

And during Beijing 2022 I had time for it (not that many events to watch during winter games and some free time during daytime CET due to different timezones)

i don’t think I will repeat this for Paris because… well… I will be too busy watching the games, you know 

but maybe some other user/users will do sth like that

and still… there’s nothing better than Wumo competitions

Edited by rafalgorka