website statistics

Beach Volleyball FIVB Pro Tour 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Josh said:

They’ve been podiuming all season long, so I’m not sure how it’s an incredible run, but it’s a good result for them :d

Olympic qualification has been looking likely for them ever since a couple events ago or so though. 

I mean "incredible run" to all the season they are having, not this tournament, knowing that a year ago this couple was not even near of where and what they are now.

Really happy for them but on the other side they removed the cousins Grimalt of the quota so its not a good news for argentina hehe

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Stare Jablonki Challenge | Stare Jablonki, Poland :POL

Women’s Tournament

Gold- :CHN Chen Xue/Xinyi Xia

Silver- :SUI Tanja Hüberli/Nina Brunner

Bronze- :ESP Liliana Fernandez/Paula Soria

Surprising 3rd for Alvarez/Moreno, which moves themselves into an Olympic qualifying position :yikes:

Men’s Tournament

Gold- :CZE Ondrej Perusic/David Schweiner

Silver- :CUB Noslen Diaz/Jorge Alayo

Bronze- :NED Stefan Boermans/Yorrick de Groot

Full Results

Up next, the final event of the Olympic qualification period, the :CZE Ostrava Elite16 from June 5-9!

I'm afraid something went wrong with editing results for the women's tournament and some are left from the previous week.

This week, :LAT Graudina / Samoilova won silver, :SUI Huberli / Brunner were second last week. Furthermore, while :ESP Fernandez / Soria did win bronze, the text still mentions :ESP Alvarez / Moreno who were 4th last week. 

Couple of upsets today at the Ostrava Elite16.

The big one is :CZE Sepka/Sedlak defeating :NED Boermans/de Groot in 3 :hyper::yikes:

Also, :LAT Samoilova/Graudina beat :BRA Duda/Ana Patricia in 3 (prior to today had a 1-7 H2H over them in 2023/24, and a 2-13 H2H record overall), and :GER Pfretzschner/Winter beat :BRA George/Andre in straight sets. 

Posted (edited)

Elite 16 in Ostrava going on right now. 

:NOR Mol/Sørum with a PHENOMENAL comeback during the first set in the quarterfinals against :NED Immers/VDV, they were down 3-13, and 6-15, but somehow still managed to win the set :yikes::yikes::yikes:

7 blocks from Mol during that set :hyper:

Think that clears up any of my doubts about Mol, after suffering an injury in Tenerife a couple of months ago. Norway is going to be a medal contender come Paris. 

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)

:CAN Humana-Parades/Wilkerson through to the gold medal match at the Ostrava Elite16, defeating :LAT Samoilova/Graudina 2-0! :yes:wub:

Yet to drop a set in 5 matches played so far. 

I love Ostrava. Second consecutive podium for them here, after bronze in 2023.

Probably my biggest medal wishes for Canada at the Olympics this year, along with Kharun in men’s 200m butterfly and our women’s 3x3 basketball team. 

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)

What is going on with :BRA Duda :wacko::question:

So many uncharacteristic errors for her in Ostrava so far, first in the quarterfinals, and now in the semifinals. 

Edited by Josh

Ostrava Elite16 | Ostrava, Czech Republic :CZE

Women’s Tournament

Gold- :USA Kelly Cheng/Sara Hughes

Silver- :CAN Melissa Humana-Parades/Brandie Wilkerson :cheer:

Bronze- :LAT Anastasija Samoilova/Tina Graudina

:BRA Duda/AP struggled a lot during this tournament, but yet still somehow managed to record a 4th place finish. 

Men’s Tournament

Gold- :SWE David Åhman/Jonatan Hellvig

Silver- :NED Stefan Boermans/Yorrick de Groot

Bronze- :USA Miles Partain/Andy Benesh

:NOR Mol/Sørum finish 4th in their return to competition. 

Full Results

Up next, Continental Olympic Qualifying Tournaments, then the :SUI Gstaad Elite16 from July 3-7!

• 4 weeks later...