website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

So, I am not to sure how to take this.  Russia might actually be getting s little more serious about doping, or it might simply be a sample size of how widespread the problem is.  It seems that 12 females from the Junior girls sprint, and 21 from the men's sprit at the Izhevsk Rifle All-Russian competition in December withdrew from the race when doping control officers from RUSADA showed up.

Another article noted: "The biathletes from Khanty-Mansiysk and Tyumen had the largest representation in these lists. Attention to this interesting fact was drawn by the winner of the World Ski Championships Nikolai Pankratov, who linked these events with the four-year disqualification of 20-year-old biathlete Victoria Konovalova."

The Estonian Championships getting some love as well.

58 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

So, I am not to sure how to take this.  Russia might actually be getting s little more serious about doping, or it might simply be a sample size of how widespread the problem is.  It seems that 12 females from the Junior girls sprint, and 21 from the men's sprit at the Izhevsk Rifle All-Russian competition in December withdrew from the race when doping control officers from RUSADA showed up.

Another article noted: "The biathletes from Khanty-Mansiysk and Tyumen had the largest representation in these lists. Attention to this interesting fact was drawn by the winner of the World Ski Championships Nikolai Pankratov, who linked these events with the four-year disqualification of 20-year-old biathlete Victoria Konovalova."

Interesting.  I noticed that the athletes in these races were all representing Regions rather than clubs, so it’s possible that the root of the problem is at that level.  Also, I have seen that in several sports - cycling, swimming, athletics - that some, at least, Russians take a “Dope ‘em young, serve the ban” attitude.  There’s evidence that adults continue to get benefits from doping while they were under 20, even if the doping stops by that point.

5 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

These are the same Lithuanian Championships that I posted about, it's so messy, but Baltics always have them together, but call them differently.

They could just call it Baltic Championships then, but no :lol:

I just don't really get it why it's written that Raenkel was on top in the sprint when he was not even in top 10. Perhaps they didn't want to write that Lithuanians took the first three places and the best performing Estonians were not even popular names with Siimer and Heldna.

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

These are the same Lithuanian Championships that I posted about, it's so messy, but Baltics always have them together, but call them differently.

They could just call it Baltic Championships then, but no :lol:

I just don't really get it why it's written that Raenkel was on top in the sprint when he was not even in top 10. Perhaps they didn't want to write that Lithuanians took the first three places and the best performing Estonians were not even popular names with Siimer and Heldna.

I thought as much, and thought the results were a little skewed as well.  Maybe they only counted their nations in the National Championship.

Some more is coming out about the mass withdrawal's in the Russian event.  The timeline is clearer here.

"In Tchaikovsky, after the women were summoned for doping control after the last sprint, all Khanty juniors withdrew. And the next day, in Izhevsk after the men were summoned for doping control, all Tyumen juniors withdrew."

11 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Some more is coming out about the mass withdrawal's in the Russian event.  The timeline is clearer here.

"In Tchaikovsky, after the women were summoned for doping control after the last sprint, all Khanty juniors withdrew. And the next day, in Izhevsk after the men were summoned for doping control, all Tyumen juniors withdrew."

...and then there were none.

8 minutes ago, Vojthas said:
  Hide contents

It's Wargrave.

huh, I knew it maaan.

I've seen it already a few times before (but still the best one was the old USSR one  Десять негритят basically the only one I remember which followed actually the real story from the book :lol:)

btw this commercial for sort of instant rice pudding with the Fialková sisters is going like every 30 minutes or so on every our major TV channel...that´s Bora cooking 2.0 all over again :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsmREiAN6m/