website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Josh

On 5/15/2024 at 2:37 PM, LDOG said:

Yes, for some reason brazilians are incapable of pronouncing D, T and Rs like normal human beings :p eg. we're "argenchina".

Just like argentinians are incapable of pronouncing Y like a normal human being? :p

Spoiler

Joking aside, Brazil is so huge that of course each region has a different accent/pronunciation.

On 5/15/2024 at 2:15 PM, Josh said:

Speaking about Ana Cristina, can the commentators please pronounce her last name correctly? They keep botching it left and right :p

I was going crazy watching the match and the commentator calling her Ana "Krishna", like the Hindu deity. It reminds me of how some gymnastics commentators used to call Flavia Saraiva as Flavia "Sarajeva" (almost like the city).

:CAN with another big win today, defeating :CHN 3-1! :yikes::yikes::yikes::hyper::yes:cheer:

KVR and Gray were phenomenal as always. Johnson, King (Brazil has really improved her game within the last year), and White were some of the other standouts, but a massive shoutout to Courtney Baker who clutched up at the closing stages of each set yet again (we were down 10-19 in set two, and despite going on a big run couldn’t win the set), producing tough serve after tough serve (and a couple of aces) like she did against Brazil and Dominican Republic. This Canadian team is so good at the closing stages of each match, I remember countless times during last years VNL and Olympic Qualifying Tournament where they came back from multi point margins.

@Laraja @Adriano

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

:CAN with another big win today, defeating :CHN 3-1! :yikes::yikes::yikes::hyper::yes:cheer:

KVR and Gray were phenomenal as always. Johnson, King (Brazil has really improved her game within the last year), and White were some of the other standouts, but a massive shoutout to Courtney Baker who clutched up at the closing stages of each set yet again (we were down 10-19 in set two, and despite going on a big run couldn’t win the set), producing tough serve after tough serve (and a couple of aces) like she did against Brazil and Dominican Republic. This Canadian team is so good at the closing stages of each match, I remember countless times during last years VNL and Olympic Qualifying Tournament where they came back from multi point margins.

@Laraja @Adriano

First of all, I can see the commitment, motivation, will to fight and positive flow in the Canadian team. Just what Italians have been missing in recent years.

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

First of all, I can see the commitment, motivation, will to fight and positive flow in the Canadian team. Just what Italians have been missing in recent years.

Thank you for the kind words :)

For me, this is one of my biggest hopes for Olympic qualification (other being men’s volleyball, which has of course already happened), really hoping they can get it done.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

For me, this is one of my biggest hopes for Olympic qualification (other being men’s volleyball, which has of course already happened), really hoping they can get it done.

Currently, Canada is about 2.5 points behind the Netherlands. It's very close now :)

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Here is an interesting english-language website about volleyball(mainly women's, but there are also men's topics):: http://inside.volleycountry.com/ 

Maybe you know? There are various calculations and ranking simulations regarding VNL 2024.

Just now, copravolley said:

Here is an interesting english-language website about volleyball(mainly women's, but there are also men's topics):: http://inside.volleycountry.com/ 

Maybe you know? There are various calculations and ranking simulations regarding VNL 2024.

There’s also Volleytalk. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

There’s also Volleytalk. 

I didn't know this forum, thanks. I am registered on insidevolley and I write something there from time to time. There are some people from Italy.

Probably nobody here didn't noticed it, but thanks to 3-0 win over :FRA today our team get new 2,51 points to ranking which moved our women's team to 4th place in FIVB ranking, the highest ever place for :POL women's volleyball team :clap: