website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Review of the year from one of my favorite Internet personalities:

I’d say that as a year 2019 started out very promising, and the summer was really one to remember, but the back 1/4 of the year has been pretty bleak in my opinion. Hopefully that’s not a sign of what to expect in 2020. 2020 is looking to be a great year, with fun and joy all around, so let’s just fast-forward to the end of the 2019, and roll credits into 2020 already.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well might as well throw this day away :(. Woke up to “The Nazis” being the number 1 trending thing on Twitter. Really don’t want to know why, just going fast-forward through today.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The winner of new Indonesian capital design to be built in Northeastern Borneo... "Futuristic and Sustainable" are the design theme. Some supporters of this design already dubbed it as the "D.C. of Borneo"

EMc6BZSVUAYU4Pa.jpg

Edited by Griff88

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The winner of new Indonesian capital design to be built in Northeastern Borneo... "Futuristic and Sustainable" are the design theme. Some supporters of this design already dubbed it as the "D.C. of Borneo"

EMc6BZSVUAYU4Pa.jpg

With the potential consequences of climate change, it seems rather dumb to put your capital next to a river. Besides that glaring issue, it does look a lot like the layout of DC. I do love some of the things they want to do architecturally though.

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

With the potential consequences of climate change, it seems rather dumb to put your capital next to a river. Besides that glaring issue, it does look a lot like the layout of DC. I do love some of the things they want to do architecturally though.

Well the idea of creating the new capital near a biological reserve is already questioned by Greenpeace and co.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well might as well throw this day away :(. Woke up to “The Nazis” being the number 1 trending thing on Twitter. Really don’t want to know why, just going fast-forward through today.

Sad thing when something like this influences your day so much (or appears to do so).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@Monzanator Do you have any theories as to why we seem to always be at a difference? It’s just so curious to me that it’s almost always you and me that find each in a debate. We have a rough past history, but I feel like a recent interactions haven’t been negative. They’ve been more actual debates I feel like. I’m just curious as to what your prospective on this is.

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Monzanator Do you have any theories as to why we seem to always be at a difference? It’s just so curious to me that it’s almost always you and me that find each in a debate. We have a rough past history, but I feel like a recent interactions haven’t been negative. They’ve been more actual debates I feel like. I’m just curious as to what your prospective on this is.

You're the idealist and I'm a cynical realist. That never matches well. I told you that once you reach a certain age, you'll drop the idealistic BS. I've crossed that river already :hatoff:

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You're the idealist and I'm a cynical realist. That never matches well. I told you that once you reach a certain age, you'll drop the idealistic BS. I've crossed that river already :hatoff:

Yeah I could see that. I spent most life as a cynical person. I’ve always been an idealist (and probably will be, its just who I am), but recently, I’ve been trying out optimism. It’s worked so far, so I’m going to stick with it for a while. I think the idealist v. realist is a good explanation. 

Also figured I should wish you a great Christmas Eve since Vojthas told me that was the important day in Poland.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I could see that. I spent most life as a cynical person. I’ve always been an idealist (and probably will be, its just who I am), but recently, I’ve been trying out optimism. It’s worked so far, so I’m going to stick with it for a while. I think the idealist v. realist is a good explanation. 

Also figured I should wish you a great Christmas Eve since Vojthas told me that was the important day in Poland.

Oh, you can try optimism until life bites you in the ass :raspberry:  Don't tell me you're one of these who will be paying off student loans for the next 25 years or sth? :p

Yeah, Christmas Eve is effectively more cherished in Poland than Christmas Day itself :old: