website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

Official Announcement

All of the votes have been counted. I will send each jury their themed post for the Grand Final over the next two/three days. I have also added provisional timings for the opening ceremony and Grand Final to the first post on this thread.

The draw for pairs (for the team event) will likely take place on Thursday. I will communicate more once plans are finalized.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Official Announcement

A provisional voting schedule has been added to the first post. Please review the times and let me know if any corrections need to be made.

Also, I am willing to move start of the contest one hour forward if users believe that will be beneficial to their participation in the thread.  

With times like this I would never say no to moving it forward an hour, but if not, the chance is still fairly good I'd post the Dutch votes anyway :p 

I mean, European users have had the 'good' (daytime) hours almost every single TISC anyway, so if this time that's not the case, so be it :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I am commencing the random draw for pairs right now. I had some time this morning, so I'm just going to get it done now. I have to wheels with juries listed on them. I will spin both, to select pairings. Juries voting 1-18 in the order will be paired with a jury from voting blocks 19-36. I will communicate the results once complete.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Results of the Draw for Pairings

Pair 1 - :GRE / :MLT 

Pair 2 - :POL / :IRL 

Pair 3 - :MEX / :CAN 

Pair 4 - :ROU / :SWE 

Pair 5 - :SLO / :LTU 

Pair 6 - :KAZ / :CZE 

Pair 7 - :CHI / :NZL 

Pair 8 - :MDA / :GER 

Pair 9 - :FRA / :HUN 

Pair 10 - :ISR / :USA 

Pair 11 - :IND / :INA 

Pair 12 - :BRA / :CRO 

Pair 13 - :ARG / :ESP 

Pair 14 - :SRB / :NED 

Pair 15 - :ITA / :POR 

Pair 16 - :GBR / :TUR 

Pair 17 - :UKR / :SVK 

Pair 18 - :DEN / :CHN 

On 11/22/2023 at 6:40 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Results of the Draw for Pairings

Pair 1 - :GRE / :MLT 

Pair 2 - :POL / :IRL 

Pair 3 - :MEX / :CAN 

Pair 4 - :ROU / :SWE 

Pair 5 - :SLO / :LTU 

Pair 6 - :KAZ / :CZE 

Pair 7 - :CHI / :NZL 

Pair 8 - :MDA / :GER 

Pair 9 - :FRA / :HUN 

Pair 10 - :ISR / :USA 

Pair 11 - :IND / :INA 

Pair 12 - :BRA / :CRO 

Pair 13 - :ARG / :ESP 

Pair 14 - :SRB / :NED 

Pair 15 - :ITA / :POR 

Pair 16 - :GBR / :TUR 

Pair 17 - :UKR / :SVK 

Pair 18 - :DEN / :CHN 

Brazil - Croatia, didn't think they'd ever team up after last year's World Cup :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, Belle said:

I still recovering from Covid. Please @Olympian1010can you post Sweden’s votes for me? I will try to be online for some parts but I’m still needs to rest. 

I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart, but I will post your votes.

I am still preparing a few things for the opening ceremony, so I may need to bump it an hour or two from its original time. I will work diligently in the morning and update in due course.

Everything else is ready to go for the Grand Final.

Okay, we will start on time in an hour. It might be a bit messy, formatting wise, but I'll make do.

Opening Ceremony: Cold Open