website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Weirdly there seems to be much more people in attendance during the day sessions, than last night's one. We will see how things go tonight, but yestreday evening had the least amount of people from the 3 sessions so far by my account. 

Big events from the German point of view this morning are the LJ & Decathlon I suppose, so there big crowds in the cheap seats.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Just getting the most benefit from Russia's ban...

I think :UKR benefitted the most from the ban with those "easy" gold medals in Artistic Swimming. And hey, I think this is the new norm anyway, not just a fluke event. Now that everyone crossed this bridge, it's probably going to turn into a South Africa ban situation where we won't see Russia at international events for a looong time. I mean, as long as Putin's system stands in Russia and I think he ain't going anywhere for at least one more decade. 

59 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think :UKR benefitted the most from the ban with those "easy" gold medals in Artistic Swimming. And hey, I think this is the new norm anyway, not just a fluke event. Now that everyone crossed this bridge, it's probably going to turn into a South Africa ban situation where we won't see Russia at international events for a looong time. I mean, as long as Putin's system stands in Russia and I think he ain't going anywhere for at least one more decade. 

I agree with you, but still...

we all have to recognize that Russia not being around is a great advantage for all the Nations on top of the medal table, especially in sports like swimming, athletics and gymnastics...;)

11 hours ago, Werloc said:

I always write out the full Czech Republic, but I've seen many places including this forum using Czechia. Which would be the preferred version of spelling for czechs? 

I am not Czech so I can not speak much about,

but from what i noticed here and there, I feel this question quite divide the czech population as well, many point out that the name Czechia is not accurate because Czech republic is not only the land of Bohemia (Czechs), but also Moravia and Czech Silesia, especially Moravia is a large part of the country, that middle part between CZE and SVK in the map below, and they seems not to be exactly thrilled with this name change.

thumbnail?mid=1Pgy3E1I8MVG5CWe9sDqtv0Zlw

25 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I am not Czech so I can not speak much about,

but from what i noticed here and there, I feel this question quite divide the czech population as well, many point out that the name Czechia is not accurate because Czech republic is not only the land of Bohemia (Czechs), but also Moravia and Czech Silesia, especially Moravia is a large part of the country, that middle part between CZE and SVK in the map below, and they seems not to be exactly thrilled with this name change.

thumbnail?mid=1Pgy3E1I8MVG5CWe9sDqtv0Zlw

Good to know that I'll offend somebody either way :lol: 

It's Čekija in Lithuanian, so Czechia would make sense for us, but I always wrote it as Czech Republic, but started to doubt myself when I saw Czechia popping up more often.

It's the exact same thing with when did Netherlands drop the The Netherlands :d 

Thankfully we just call them "Csehország", which is a standard Hungarian county name with the name of people living there ("cseh") + "ország", which means "country". We named a lot of countries like this, "Németország" (Germany), "Franciaország" (France), Lengyelország" (Poland), Olaszország (Italy), etc. The only issue with this is that these Hungarian country names are a bit long compared to their English version.