website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would interpret the qualification system that way too. :BRA is the only NOC not to qualify in that case. You have to wonder how much longer waterski sticks around if there’s less than a dozen countries with a national program in the sport?

It's probably done after these games. Colombia doesn't have a strong bg in the sport.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

It's probably done after these games. Colombia doesn't have a strong bg in the sport.

actually Colombia has some background (and a current champion) in Waterski/Wakeboarding and often is host of world cup stages in that sport ;)

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would interpret the qualification system that way too. :BRA is the only NOC not to qualify in that case. You have to wonder how much longer waterski sticks around if there’s less than a dozen countries with a national program in the sport?

So, isn't Brazil going to participate in this sport in Santiago?

I don't know too much about it, but If I remember it well, we have gotten some medals from Waterski/Wakeboard events

5 hours ago, Laraja said:

So, isn't Brazil going to participate in this sport in Santiago?

I don't know too much about it, but If I remember it well, we have gotten some medals from Waterski/Wakeboard events

Assuming @intoronto and I have interpreted the qualification system correctly, Brazil will have to hope for a reallocation or two if they want to send any athletes in waterski. I don’t think any quotas were reallocated in 2019, but Brazil turned down a few in 2015 (which allowed the Dominican Republic and Guatemala to qualify), so maybe someone will return the favor this time.

:BRA is qualified for both wakeboard events.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

We'll see if everyone decides to come. There's a bit of a gap between the World Championships and Pan American Games, but October may be tough for our university swimmers. Still something like our Commonwealth Games team where most came would be much better than our past teams.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...