website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

Thank God, it was super embarrassing when your federation didn't pay the registration fee lol

(that's probably why the women's team have to compete in that qualifying group to advance to main draw?)

58 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Thank God, it was super embarrassing when your federation didn't pay the registration fee lol

(that's probably why the women's team have to compete in that qualifying group to advance to main draw?)

Lol that was the reason ? Sad. So many big countries with totally useless Nfs.

28 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Lol that was the reason ? Sad. So many big countries with totally useless Nfs.

Yes, they forgot to pay the US$ 1,5k fee and FIBA refused to accept their registration. Glad Brazil will be allowed now, I think it would be a disaster if we didn't participate.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, intoronto said:

First Basque Pelota quotas:

Results here

Is there a better link for the results? This one just took me to the main website for FIPV.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Surprising as the Bolivarian Games are sort of a fourth tier games any fourth rate city can host.

Hey, I like the Bolivarian Games :p

I would add that it’s also been an extremely busy year for many countries. Quite a few have sent teams to multiple multi-sport games on top of world championships or other major global events in each sport.

I could see funding being a bit tight for many nations, leading to more selective choices about where/when athletes/teams compete. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2022 Central American and Caribbean Beach Games have been added as a qualifying event for sailing (Formula Kite and IQFOIL).

Change is reflected in the qualification system as well: https://www.santiago2023.org/descargas/en/Sailing.pdf

Standings at the South American Championships after cross-country.

Team

:BRA 110.70

:ARG 166.20

:URU 224.80

:CHI 339.00

Individual

:BRA Carlos Parro (Tullabeg Chinzano) - 28.20

:URU Edison Quintana (Fraile del Santa Lucia) - 34.50

:BRA Pedro Nunes (Tamanho do Rincao) - 38.70

Officially nobody outside of teams has entered individuals so the individual quotas will be redistributed to the rankings.

#banbestmen