website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

In Canoe Sprint, 

Women's kayak 9 quotas still left,  at the South American Championships, K2/K1 will see two highest boats qualify,  (6 athletes), Central American and Caribbean Games (top boat per event)

Men's canoe:  Highest placed eligible boat at both events will qualify

Women's canoe: Highest placed eligible boat at both events will qualify (top 2 for South America)

Sadly :VEN :ECU :DOM:DMA and :GUA couldn't compete at the qualifiers 

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing quotas from US Open Series (unconfirmed by Panam Sailing).

M ILCA 7 - :PER:GUA:ESA:ECU:BER

W ILCA 6 - :USA:PER:GUA:VEN:CAY

M IQFOiL - :USA:VEN:DOM

W IQFOiL - :USA:MEX:CAN

M Formula Kite - :USA:MEX:CAN

W Formula Kite - :USA:ARG:COL

M 49er - :CAN:MEX:BRA

W 49er FX - (Not Held)

Mixed Nacra 17 - (Not Held)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 2/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Olympian1010 said:

W 49er FX - (Not Held)

I think this event might even be scrapped. Apart from USA and Brazil, Canada is the only other country that has competed in the event during this cycle. Argentina last competed 3 years ago and not have made a comeback.

That leaves only 3 crews, plus the hosts, competing, which is not enough for the event to be considered official. I’m guessing probably a late Argentinian return or a US crew posing as Puerto Rican or US Virgin Islands could be added to save face.

Edited by mrv86

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

I think this event might even be scrapped. Apart from USA and Brazil, Canada is the only other country that has competed in the event during this cycle. Argentina last competed 3 years ago and not have made a comeback.

That leaves only 3 crews, plus the hosts, competing, which is not enough for the event to be considered official. I’m guessing probably a late Argentinian return or a US crew posing as Puerto Rican or US Virgin Islands could be added to save face.

Just confirmed with pan am sailing that the event is not in danger of being dropped.

10 hours ago, LDOG said:

You mean at pan american level? 

Because Argentina definitely has a 49er FX touring around the world right now.

My bad.

I checked last two world championships and they didn’t competed in both, but glad they’re back

:LCA qualified its first athlete (in sailing)

Updated qualification here: https://panamsailing.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/STATUS-OF-COUNTRY-QUALIFICATION-SANTIAGO-2023-22-February-2023-w-CONFIRMATIONS.pdf

Looks like 49er and 49erfx had quota cuts as well

Edited by intoronto