website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:CUB in women’s and :DOM in men’s get a quota in Road Cycling from Caribbean Championships.

The men’s quota was  awarded to the rider in fourth place as cyclists :GLP & :MTQ finished in the first 3 positions.

Edited by mrv86

First Basque Pelota quotas:

Men:

Rubber Pelota – Doubles (Trinquete): :ARG 
Rubber Pelota – Individual (Fronton): :MEX 
Frontenis – Doubles (Fronton): :MEX

Frontball: :MEX 

Women:
Frontenis – Doubles (Fronton): :USA 

Results here

28 minutes ago, intoronto said:

First Basque Pelota quotas:

Men:

Frontenis – Doubles (Fronton): :MEX

Women:
Frontenis – Doubles (Fronton): :USA 

Results here

Excellent result for USA getting the spot instead of the Mexicans

I believe the racquetball qualification system has received some recent updates, not sure if this revision was shared before: https://www.santiago2023.org/descargas/en/Racquetball.pdf

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe the racquetball qualification system has received some recent updates, not sure if this revision was shared before: https://www.santiago2023.org/descargas/en/Racquetball.pdf

Change is 4 nations will get a chance at 3 athletes each, while will reduce the field to 10 countries max.

Four nations are entered for the South American Eventing Championships :ARG :BRA :CHI :URU. I'm not sure any more will be added last minute (maybe Peru or Ecuador?).

At any rate, if it stays like this, the event will be pretty academic as the best 3 qualify for Santiago and Chile is already qualified.

I am assuming they must bring at least three riders home to qualify... I'd be surprised if carrying 1000 penalties would allow taking a quota.

#banbestmen

46 minutes ago, dcro said:

Four nations are entered for the South American Eventing Championships :ARG :BRA :CHI :URU. I'm not sure any more will be added last minute (maybe Peru or Ecuador?).

At any rate, if it stays like this, the event will be pretty academic as the best 3 qualify for Santiago and Chile is already qualified.

I am assuming they must bring at least three riders home to qualify... I'd be surprised if carrying 1000 penalties would allow taking a quota.

Indeed. The Spanish version of the qualification document only states that there must be at least 3 teams competing for the results of the event to be valid.

So even if a team DNF, the NOC’s other than Chile are  already qualified as long as they start in the dressage.

For the individuals, if no other country is present, the FEI rankings will be used to assign the missing 2 quotas, which correct me if I’m wrong, will go to Ecuador, as I expect Colombia to qualify in the CAC Games.