BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Albertville 1992

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Lillehammer 1994

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Nagano 1998

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Vancouver 2010

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Sochi 2014

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Pyeongchang 2018

BBC Winter Olympic Intro - Beijing 2022

Posted (edited)

My favorite BBC introductions for summer are probably…

1. London 2012

2. Rio 2016

3. Beijing 2008

Honorable Mention: Athens 2004

My favorite BBC introductions for winter are probably…

1. Pyeongchang 2018

2. Vancouver 2010

3. Sochi 2014

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, slight point of clarification…

OBS has only done the broadcast introductions since 2010. The others were created by designated HBs (like ISB for Salt Lake 2002), or special broadcast entities created for the Olympic Games (like BOB for Beijing 2008).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

40 days to go

We begin lighting up the second ring! :cheer:

Paris 2024 Olympic Countdown Clock

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ -05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15---------------

I don't have any Olympic broadcast introductions, what I have instead is Olympic highlight videos. I have these saved in my youtube favorites and I regularly watch these to handle all the Olympic pre-hype now that we're getting so close!!

Athens 2004

Beijing 2008

https://youtu.be/k-s2aL4ohtE?si=ANlgG9IBgT0aSTFV

London 2012

Rio de Janeiro 2016

Tokyo 2020

People can say what they want about NBC’s coverage of the Olympics, but they definitely know how to set the tone for the Games. Here’s a playlist of the (often poetic) introductions that generally play before the start of the opening ceremony broadcast. ( @Makedonas may find the Athens 2004 one interesting, while @Vic Liu might be interested in the Beijing 2008 intro. London 2012 and Rio 2016 may also be of interest to British and Brazilian users.)